The Social Media Page WordPress plugin will add a list of links to your social media profiles on a page or post of your choice through the use of a simple tag. A widget is also added so that you can display this list of links in the side menu of the site.
Rather than getting you to enter all of your social media profiles as URLs the plugin gets you to enter your username and works out the rest for you. Some exceptions (like Facebook) require some extra information, which has been accounted for. There are over 100 different social media sites to select from so it should cover anything you happen to be a member of.
When the links are displayed on the page it will use a keyword of your choice as the text for the link.
With this plugin you can create a central base for any social media strategy.
New in version 2.2
- Bug fixes.
New in version 2.1
- Bug fixes.
New in version 2.0
- Sites are no longer linked to the plugin, they are stored and downloaded separately so that new versions don't have to be release in order to add sites.
- Profiles can be added for different users.
- Any user with the privilege to do so can edit their own profiles. Administrators can edit all profiles belonging to all users.
- Added the ability to open the links in a new window.
- Each profile can now be given it's own keyword. This will override the global keyword.
- Plugin archetechture overhall.
Changes in version 1.7
- Fixed Blip.tv account details.
- Added 12seconds to profile list.
- Added personal Facebook Profile page URL to profile list.
- Added LibraryThing to profile list.
- Added Hyves to profile list.
- Added Behance to profile list.
- Added ClaimID to profile list.
- Updated Identica logo.
Changes in version 1.6
- Fixed bug that overrides the title of other pages within WordPress.
- Added LinkedIn Company profile page to profile list.
- Added imeem to profile list.
Changes in version 1.5
- Added Blip.fm to profile list.
- Added Blip.tv to profile list.
- Added Microsoft Live to profile list.
- Added WAYN to profile list.
- Added Facebook Group link to profile list.
- Added Facebook Page link to profile list.
Changes in version 1.4
- Removed the now closed Pownce from profile list.
- Added custom header for Widget.
- Fixed bug in a regular expression in site admin.
- Fixed bug that caused the ordering of sites not to be saved.
- Added profile name, site url, site name, random and custom sort order as sorting options.
- Added Hi5 to profile list.
- Added ohloh to profile list.
- Added deviantArt to profile list.
- Split help out into a separate page and expanded.
Changes in version 1.3
- Added a fix for a typo in the Friendfeed profile.
- Added an option to add rel="nofollow" to the links created by this plugin.
- Tidied up widget code to incorporate widget options from theme.
Changes in version 1.2
- This plugin can now be used as a widget.
- Plugin output tweaked to have normal output for pages and smaller output when printing widget.
- Added option to allow blog admin to decide if credit should be given to plugin author.
- Noticed bug when updating plugin due to file permissions. Added a function that sets file permissions properly at install.