A quick look into Social Media Auto Publish :
★ Publish message to Facebook with image ★ Attach post or share link to Facebook ★ Publish to Twitter with image ★ Publish to LinkedIn with image ★ Filter items to be published based on categories ★ Filter items to be published based on custom post types ★ Enable or disable wordpress page publishing ★ Customizable message formats for Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
Social Media Auto Publish Features in Detail
The Social Media Auto Publish lets you publish posts automatically from your blog to social media networks like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The plugin supports filtering posts based on custom post-types as well as categories.
The prominent features of the social media auto publish plugin are highlighted below.
Supported Social Media
The various social media supported are listed below.
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
The plugin offers multiple kinds of filters for contents to be published automatically.
Enable or disable publishing of wordpress pages Filter posts to be published based on categories Filtering based on custom post types
Message Format Settings
Separate message format for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn Supports post title, description, excerpt, permalink, blog title and user nicename
Publish message to Facebook with image Attach post to Facebook Share link on Facebook Post to specific pages on Facebook Post to Twitter with image Post to LinkedIn with image
Please read the FAQ first if you are having problems.
WordPress 3.0+ PHP 5+
We would like to receive your feedback and suggestions about Social Media Auto Publish plugin. You may submit them at our support desk.
- In the admin panel under plugins activate Social Media Auto Publish.
- You can configure the settings from Social Media Auto Publish menu. (Make sure to Authorize Facebook application after saving the settings.)
- Once these are done, posts should get automatically published based on your filter settings.
If you need any further help, you may contact our support desk.
- 1. The Social Media Auto Publish is not working properly.
Please check the wordpress version you are using. Make sure it meets the minimum version recommended by us. Make sure all files of the
social media auto publishplugin are uploaded to the folder
- 2. Can I post to Facebook pages instead of profile ?
Yes, you can select the pages to which you need to publish after authorizing Facebook application.
- 3. How do I restrict auto publish to certain categories ?
Yes, you can specify the categories which need to be auto published from settings page.
- 4. Why do I have to create applications in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn ?
When you create your own applications, it ensures that the posts to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are not shared with any message like “shared via xxx”
- 5. Which all data fields can I send to social networks ?
You may use post title, content, excerpt, permalink, site title and user nicename for auto publishing.
- 6. Why do I see SSL related errors in logs ?
SSL peer verification may not be functioning in your server. Please turn off SSL peer verification in settings of plugin and try again.
More questions ? Drop a mail and we shall get back to you with the answers.
I transitioned from Joomla to WordPress and I was looking for an auto publishing plugin that would do the same as the one I used on Joomla. This plugin did exactly that. I have no complaints it is just as advertised.
Easy to set up, does it’s job well. Admin interface could do with some spit and polish, but functionally I can’t complain at all.
This is the best plugin to share many social media.
Contributors & Developers
“Social Media Auto Publish” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Social Media Auto Publish 1.7
- Facebook api updated
- Twitter 140 character exceeding issue fixed
Social Media Auto Publish 1.6.1
- Fixed custom post types autopublish issue
- Fixed duplicate autopublish issue
Social Media Auto Publish 1.6
- Added option to enable/disable utf-8 decoding before publishing
- Removed unwanted configuration related to ‘future_to_publish’ hook
- Removed unwanted setting “Facebook user id”
- Postid added in autopublish logs
- Updated auto publish mechanism using transition_post_status hook
- Open graph meta tags will be prefered for facebook and linkedin attachments
Social Media Auto Publish 1.5.2
- Latest five auto publish logs for each social media account are maintained
- Inline edit of posts will work according to the value set for “Default selection of auto publish while editing posts/pages”
- Resolved issue in fetching facebook pages in settings page (in case of more than 100 pages)
Social Media Auto Publish 1.5.1
- Updated Linkedin authorization
Social Media Auto Publish 1.5
- Updated Linkedin API
- Auto publish added during quick edit
- Added option to enable/disable “future_to_publish” hook for handling auto publish of scheduled posts
- Added options to enable/disable “the_content”, “the_excerpt”, “the_title” filters on content to be auto-published
Social Media Auto Publish 1.4.3
- Fixed category display issue
- Removed outdated facebook scopes from authorization
Social Media Auto Publish 1.4.2
- Bug fix for duplicate publishing of scheduled posts
Social Media Auto Publish 1.4.1
- Fixed auto publish related bug in post edit
- Fixed message format bug in auto publish
- Updated Facebook authorization
Social Media Auto Publish 1.4
- Option to configure auto publish settings while editing posts/pages
- General setting to enable/disable post publishing
- Added auto publish for scheduled post
- Fixed issue related to \” in auto publish
Social Media Auto Publish 1.3.2
- Fixed auto-publish of scheduled post
Social Media Auto Publish 1.3.1
- Added compatibility with wordpress 3.9.1
- Facebook API V 2.0 compatibility added
- Compatibility with bitly plugin
Social Media Auto Publish 1.3
- View logs for last published post
- Option to enable/disable SSL peer verification
- Option to reauthorize the Facebook/LinkedIn application
Social Media Auto Publish 1.2.2
- Bug fixed for in post
- Twitter api updated to https
Social Media Auto Publish 1.2.1
- Default image fetch logic for auto publish updated
- Thumbnail image logic for facebook updated
- LinkedIn bug fixed
Social Media Auto Publish 1.2
- Support for user nicename in auto publish
- A few bug fixes
Social Media Auto Publish 1.1.1
- Fix for multiple posting to social media
- Fixed PHP version compatability issue for versions less than 5.3
- A few bug fixes
Social Media Auto Publish 1.1
- Support for publishing to LinkedIn
- A few bug fixes
Social Media Auto Publish 1.0
- First official launch.