With this plugin, you can link adaptive streaming (with Smooth Streaming in live mode or not) and progressive download videos (MP4 and WMV) to a post and play it inside a Silverlight player on a PC or Mac. You can also play your Smooth Streaming video on a iPhone or iPad because this plugin implements a HTML 5 video tag.
This plugin has these main features :
- SMF 2.3 player implementation
- Simple administration to configure the plugin
- Easy to link a video to a post
- Media RSS exposition of latest videos linked to the blog posts
- HTML 5 video tag implementation to play videos (MP4 for progressive download videos and Smooth Streaming for adaptive streaming videos) on iPhone and iPad
Warning : your Smooth Streaming videos (in Live mode or not) must be hosted on a IIS web server with ‘Media Services’ extension installed or on Windows Azure storage. But your WordPress website can be stay hosted on a Apache web server. Other types of videos can be hosted on the server of your choice.
- Just place the smooth-streaming-video-player directory in your WordPress plugins directory
- Activate the SVP plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add, configure and scan a source of videos
- Link a video to a post
<?php the_smooth_video_player(); ?>in your templates (i.e. in ‘single.php’)
- What is ‘the_smooth_video_player()’ function ?
Is a WordPress template tag. You can call it in a template of your current theme.
- Is there some parameters can I pass to ‘the_smooth_video_player()’ template tag ?
Yes, you can, but these parameters are optionnal. These parameters are, in this order :
- Width : to override the default width or specific width of the player. It can be an integer or a percent, ‘100%’ for example (empty by default).
- Height : to override the default height or specific height of the player. It can be an integer or a percent (empty by default).
- Comments : a boolean to indicate if some comments must be written in the HTML source code before and after the player HTML source code (true by default).
- Container : a boolean to indicate if a identified
<div>container must be written in the HTML source code (true by default).
- Before : some HTML source code to add before player HTML source code (empty by default).
- After : some HTML source code to add after player HTML source code (empty by default).
Examples of template tag call :
- Example of a player with a 100% parent width :
<?php the_smooth_video_player('100%'); ?>
- Example of a player with no comments in HTML source code :
<?php the_smooth_video_player('', '', false); ?>
- Example of a player with HTML source code after :
<?php the_smooth_video_player('', '', true, true, '', '<p>Player implemented with Smooth Streaming Video Player plugin for WordPress.</p>'); ?>
Contributors & Developers
“Smooth Streaming Video Player (SVP)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- French translation ended.
- Add webroot management in the source configuration form.
- Add a multiple sources of videos management.
- Add pages to add, edit and delete a source of videos.
- Add a page to scan a source of videos (to retrieve the videos existing on the source).
- Update of selection of a video in post edition page.
- Add a possibility to preview the videos to select in post edition page.
- Add for a z-index management under IE in “the_smooth_video_player()” template tag HTML output.
- Modify “background” param value from “black” to “transparent” for a better visual integration in “the_smooth_video_player()” template tag HTML output.
- Post ID read fixed from posts page list.
- Translation errors fixed in two messages.
- Add iPhone and iPad videos play.
- Rights problem on Player.xap file fixed.
- Translation errors fixed.
- Settings form submission error fixed.
- Add Media RSS feed.
- This is the initial version of our plugin.