Version 2.6.5 (09/19/2014)
- Fix: Conflict with Pointelle Slider
- Fix: Conflict with Logo Slider
- Fix: Small issue with Reposiveness on resizing Smooth Slider with border specified
Version 2.6.4 (09/10/2014)
- Fix: In case of multisite WordPress installation there was an issue while saving setting set.
- Fix: jquery.js was loaded in footer, should be loaded before the slider js (head section)
Version 2.6.3 (08/13/2014)
- Fix: Slider was causing page to hide initially and appear on document ready. Resolved this issue. Now slider is workig perfectly for responsive heights.
Version 2.6.2 (08/12/2014)
- New: RSS Feed Add-on compatibility
- Fix: Slider height not properly set initially for center aligned (large) images slider. Fixed the issue.
Version 2.6.1 (07/30/2014)
- Fix: Smooth Slider coming before content in case of shortcode
- Fix: Words breaking improperly in the slider content area
- Fix: JS conflict with ShareThis plugin
Version 2.6 (07/29/2014)
- New: Image uploader for Sliders on 'Sliders' settings panel. No need to add individual media image to Smooth slider.
- New: Add any shortcode like video shortcode or button shortcode to slide which will be overlayed on it.
- New: Rename Slider field on Smooth Slider => Sliders panel
- New: Smooth Slider post meta box now has two tabs named basic and advanced with respective fields for the purpose of easy understanding and saving the space.
- New: On settings panel of Smooth slider now it is possible to expand and collapse tabs which greatly reduces scrolling efforts.
- New: Preview Slider params simplified on Settings panel.
- New: Color picker changed from Farbtastic to "wp-color-picker".
- Fix: Worked on responsiveness of slider.
- Fix: Settings panel cleanup and restructuring.
- Fix: Solved the debug errors on Sliders panel.
Version 2.5.1 (06/04/2014)
- New: Removed promotional link text 'smooth slider' from the slider
- Fix: Edit Media page having double post meta boxes
- Fix: Add to Slider not working for media images
- Fix: CSS changes for video slides and WordPress Video Shortcode
- Fix: On Delete and Reinstall, options are not saved
- Fix: Slider appears only if "Display slider" option is checked in Post Meta box
Version 2.5 (05/30/2014)
- New: Create Multiple Sliders from Sliders Panel
- New: Embed videos or other items using "Embed Shortcode" new field
- New: Show/Hide Image Thumbnail if video inserted in slide
- New: Made 100% Responsive Slider with Fluid Design
- New: Export/Import Settings Set (useful when implementing customized Smooth SLider from dev to live site)
- New: Reset Setting values to Global Derfault
- New: Preview tab to select 'Recent Post Slider', Category Slider, Custom Slider to live preview on admin panel
- New: Shortcode and Template Tags to embed the preview slider are shown on settings panel sidebar
- New: Clean and minimal admin panel with almost no advertisement
- New: Easy embed shortcode pop-up on setting changes
- New: Change the color of "Continue Reading" text
- New: Added validations on setting fields
- Fix: Post Meta Box fields not updating
- Fix: Disable Suto Play was not working properly
- Fix: Admin Panel CSS issue
- Fix: Debug notifications
Version 2.4 (09/10/2012)
- New: Smooth Slider now Supports Responsive Design Layout
- New: Shortcode for Category Slider
- New: Template tag and Shortcode for Recent Posts Smooth Slider
- New: Changes to Support Fade and a couple more transitions
- New: Changes to Settings Panel design
- New: Compatible with SliderVilla add-ons
- Fix: Fixed the bug that Smooth Slider slides got jumbled up and Slider looked empty when the Chrome or Safari browser was zoomed in.
- Fix: Now the slider_style Custom Field or Post Meta will not appear for each Post or Page saved. This field was automatically created and displayed under the Custom Fields metabox on Edit Post/Page panel inprevious version of Smooth Slider.
Version 2.3.5 (06/13/2011)
- Fix: An extra div tag at the end of the slider html was causing the slider break on Safari in a particular case. Thanks to Michael Preisner for pointing out the issue.
- Fix: On new pages, posts, the default slider sltysheet should be the one selected thru Smooth Slider settings and not the actual 'default' stylesheet.
- Fix: noscript tags should have the text enclosed in 'p' tags to make Smooth Slider validate on XHTML strict. Thanks to Martin Wilcke for pointing this out.
- Fix: The shortcode stripping was not working when there was an immediate anchor tag within the shorcodes. Rectified this bug. Thanks to Oscar of Innovacionweb for pointing this issue.
- Fix: Using the WP Minify 1.1.6 plugin with Smooth Slider 184.108.40.206 caused a 400 Bad Request error and the resulting html page ended up with no composite CSS file since Minify failed. This was in a special case when the slider is embedded on single page or a post and you updated from the older version of Smooth Slider (2.3.2 or less) to new version. Added a fix for this. Thanks to Doug Foster of theideamechanics.com for pointing this out.
- New: Option to enable the 'Flash of Unstyled content' while page load, which is disable by default. By default the slider will load once complete DOm elements are loaded (html page is ready to be served). Due to this default setting, some users feel that slider is loading slow.
Version 2.3.3 (04/24/2011)
- Fix: Slider was not working on upgrade from older versions to version 2.3.3
Version 2.3.3 (04/16/2011)
- Randomize the slides in Slider
- Translation ready
- Multiple sliders can have different titles
- No script text option
Version 2.3.2 (10/13/2010)
Minor fix to release of version 2.3
1. Fix: Pages added to Smooth Slider were not displayed. Smooth Slider was turning empty. Fixed this issue
2. Along with posts, pages and media images, Smooth Slider now supports Custom Post Types
Version 2.3.1 (10/13/2010)
Minor upgrade to fix small issues with 2.3
- Plugin compltibility will be now from WordPress 2.9 i.e. you should upgrade to Version 2.3 only if you hav WordPress 2.9 and above.
- Fixed: For those using Smooth Slider previous versions, some were facing issue with the loading of stylesheets and script specific to slider. Fixed it.
- Fixed: For some servers content was not pulled from the posts.
Version 2.3 (10/12/2010)
- New - Smooth Slider Widget
- New - Smooth Slider Shortcode
- New - Slides can now be re-ordered thru the 'Slider Admin Panel'
- New - Images existing and new images added to WordPress Media Gallery can be added to Smooth Slider along with posts and pages.
- New - Now images in the slider can be extracted in very intelligent manner. Added support for 'Post Thumbnails (WP 2.9+)'.
- New - Videos can be embedded in the slider. Ad can be added to the slider.
- New - Some slides can be linked to a webpage and others can be without a link as well.
- New - Multiple settings to the sliders on different pages thru CSS files.
- Fixed - Scheduled Posts issue
- Fixed - Image Caption Issue
- Fixed - Retain HTML tags issue
- Fixed - Permissions issue (Who can add post/page and slides to the slider and who cannot)
Version 2.2 (12/24/2009)
- New - Multiple Sliders can now be created from the settings page. Post/Pages can be selectively put in the slider of your choice. Also, you could decide which post/page should display which slider (from the Edit Post/Page), though the page/single post template file contains regular Smooth Slider tag only.
- New - Added an option to limit the content on the slider by 'words'. Previously it was only with number of characters due to which sometimes for some posts the last word on the slider was shown broken. Now you can use any of the two, either limit content by number of characters or number of words
- Fix - Fixed the issue with get_smooth_slider_cat tag. There was a bug when this tag ws used for home page. Now it is working as per the specifications.
- Fix - For using the custom images for navigation, there was an issue with 'getimagesize' php function for some servers. Removed this fuction and directly put options to specify the custom images height and width.
- Fix - When the navigation numbers are used, there was some clicking issue, like the numbers needed to be douoble clicked in order to go to that slide number. This issue was observed with some installations of Smooth Slider (like on demo page). Hopefully this would get fixed with this release.
- Fix - Changed the name of the database table from slider to smooth_slider to avoid any database conflicts and be more specific
Version 2.1.2 (11/26/2009)
- New - Added an option to change the transition speed between two slides. Now you can control the speed with which one slide slides off and another slides in.
- New - Added an option to enable the autostepping or autosliding or disable it.
- Fixed - A blank slide appeared on the slider if the post which is in slider is deleted from wp-admin. Fixed the issue, now if the post which is also in slider is deleted, then it will also be removed from the slider, fixing the blank slide issue
- Fixed - The scheduled or draft post placed into the slider will not appear on the actual slider. It will appear only in case when the post is published.
- Fixed - WPMU issue with get_smooth_slider_wpmu_all that the post permalinks direct to a wrong url, that represents the current blog only, though the posts are pulled from other blogs. This issue is fixed in this version of Smooth Slider.
Version 2.1.1 (11/19/2009)
- New - Added an option whether to crop images or not. This was essential after version 2.1 because, some of us use the images from other location than the wordpress installation. In that case timthumb does not operate
Version 2.1 (11/18/2009)
- New - Now the images will not be sqashed to fit the size, rather they would be cropped properly. Used timthumb.Caution: Please use the images stored on the same domain on the slider.
- New - A new custom field slide_redirect_url can now be specified to redirect the slide to anothr URL than the permalink
- Fixed - Admin menu dropdown were getting stuck only on Smooth Slider settings page, fixed that issue
Version 2.0 (10/08/2009)
- New - Now you can add pages to Smooth Slider along with posts
- New - Images Original Size Option
- New - Pick image from content or the custom field
- New - New custom field implementation, to allow not to display images on selective posts
- New - A new template tag to display Category specific posts on Smooth Slider
- New - A new template tag for WPMU, to get slider posts from all over the WPMU site
- New - Option to change “Read More” text and also put it in your language
- New - Permission setting option to restrict the users from adding posts to Smooth Slider
- New - Remove posts and pages from Smooth Slider selectively from the settings page itself
- New - Option to retain specific html tags in the slider posts
- New - Option to specify custom text or html in place of navigation numbers or buttons
- Fix - Fixed issue of Smooth Slider settings page with Internet Explorer
- New - Optimized Smooth Slider code internally
- New - Smooth Slider complete uninstall on plugin Delete
Version 1.2 (09/22/2009)
- New - Slider Preview in Smooth Slider setting page
- New - Facility to set transparent background to the slider
- New - Facility to Convert it to pure Image Slider
- New - Remove all the posts from Smooth Slider in one click
- New - Custom Images in place of navigation numbers
- Fixed - CSS id names and class name fixed, to avoid probable conflicts with theme styles and other plugin styles
Version 1.1 (09/14/2009)
- New - Active Slide in the slideshow will now be highlighted with bolder and bigger navigation number
- Fixed - Issues with WordPress MU Smooth Slider Options update from setting page
Visit the plugin page to see the changelog and release notes.