Sliding YouTube Gallery is a nice plugin, that gives you a fast way, to add multiple and fully customizable ajax video galleries, directly in your blog! You can add video from different sources such as user’s channel, youtube playlist or by adding video url manually.
You may choose to display the videos in a fully customizable horizontal sliding gallery or if you prefer, you can get displayed as a paginated table-based component.
Users can get the video played as a nice fancybox player. If you have problems during the update, please read UPGRADE NOTICE @ Sliding YouTube Gallery support forum.
Sliding YouTube Gallery demo
- Using the WordPress dashboard
- Login to your wordpress blog
- Navigate trough to Plugins
- Click on Add New button
- Search for YouTube Gallery
- Click on Install Button
- Activate the plugin
- Manual installation
- Download and extract the archive
- Upload extracted folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in wordpress
- Components does not work or your admin area is broken, what should you do?
- Where do I find support forum?
You could find more information about bugs and issues at Sliding YouTube Gallery support forum.
- Where could I have more information about this plugin?
For more information about this plugin, please visit webEng blog and post comments, questions and advices in order to make this plugin better.
- How do I setup youtube sources?
If you want to display user’s channel feed, you have to insert only the username. If you want to display a YouTube playlist, you have to specify the full playlist url. If you want to specify manually a video list, you must insert videos url separated by a new line.
- How do I display a Sliding YouTube Gallery in a page or post?
To display a Sliding YouTube Gallery in a page or post, you must use the short code [syg_gallery id=your_gallery_id] .
- How do I display a Sliding YouTube Gallery in a Template?
To display a Sliding YouTube Gallery within a template you must call the getGallery function, for example
<?php echo getGallery(array('id' => 1)); ?>.
- How do I display a simple video page in a page or post?
To display a video page in a page or post, you must use the short code [syg_page id=your_gallery_id] .
- How do I display a simple video page in a Template?
To display a video page within a template you must use the getPage function, for example
<?php echo getPage(array('id' => 1)); ?>.
- How do I display a 3d carousel in a page or post?
To display a 3d carousel in a page or post, you must use the short code [syg_carousel id=your_gallery_id] .
- How do I display a 3d carousel in a Template?
To display a 3d carousel within a template you must use the getCarousel function, for example
<?php echo getCarousel(array('id' => 1)); ?>.
- How do I display an Elastislide in a page or post?
To display an Elastislide in a page or post, you must use the short code [syg_elastislide id=your_gallery_id] .
- How do I display an Elastislide in a Template?
To display an Elastislide within a template you must use the getElastislide function, for example
<?php echo getElastislide(array('id' => 1)); ?>.
- How can I override css settings?
Sometimes, some theme could override gallery css settings making your component rendered bad. To customize your galleries you have to use the theme administration page, but if something goes wrong, you can try to fix possible css errors by looking in firebug console for selectors that has been overridden from your theme css. If so, or if you need to customize something specific, you can do using in your css attribute the !important directive.
Contributors & Developers
“Sliding Youtube Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed problems with some youtube urls
- Cache moved to wp-content
- Fixed js page bug after 1.5.2 update
- Various fixes
- Fixed bug Cannot redeclare class Mobile_Detect
- Fixed IE bug
- Rebuild cache optimized to use wp-cron
- Added more video embed option
- Added theme preview
- Ajax validation (form not resetting anymore)
- Fixed some minor bugs
- Added Elastislide component (experimental and not fully customizable at the moment)
- Fixed minor bugs with mobile browser
- Mobile browser supported (tested with android)
- A fews modification to enforce the plugin structure and license policies
- Resolves minor bugfix
- Enforce themes compatibility
- Fixed fancybox version when registering the script (in some themes that redistribute fancybox this may be an issue)
- Fixed headers already sent when embedding
- Fixed unexpected T_FUNCTION bug on php < 5.3
- Scheduled cache rebuild
- WordPress best pratices fixes
- Enable/Disable cache alerts option
- Performance improvements
- New 3d Cloud Carousel Component
- Multiple galleries in one page better support
- User and roles compliant
- General interface improvements
- YouTube thumbnail quality selector
- Security update
- Gallery and video validation
- Style validation
- Admin alerts and notices
- User alerts
- Support for multiple gallery in one page
- Multiple gallery styles
- Creation of gallery from a YouTube playlist
- Creation of gallery from a explicit YouTube video url list
- Disable related videos option
- Pagination in video page
- New and dedicated plugin menu
- Multiple youtube user
- Multiple gallery styles
- Gallery loader
- Preview mode in gallery list
- oO compliant plugin
- Some Bugs was fixed. A very special thanks to Adriana.
- Fixed missing redirect after saving a gallery
- Fixed blank page in some configuration
- Fixed gallery position inside post
- Fixed problem when calling functions in template
- Fixed path problems with css and js when wordpress is installed on a sub-directory
- Initial Release, beta.*
- Video count setting bug, was fixed.