sitetweet allows webmasters to post user behaviors to their Twitter account. Behaviors such as:
- user visited a certain page
- user did a specific search
- user converted
on your blog can be posted straight to your Twitter account with sitetweet.
Installation is simple 5 step process:
- Login or create a new sitetweet account and retrieve your API key from your sitetweet profile
- Download and unzip the plugin
- Upload the sitetweet plugin directory, along with its contents, to your WordPress plugins directory:
- Activate the plugin.
- Select the
sitetweetoption from the
Settingsmenu and input your API key from step 1
Once you have installed the plugin, simple add a Custom Field to your posts and/or pages named
sitetweet. You can then specify what you want your Twitter message to display in the
What information can I post to Twitter when a user visits a page
You can create a custom messsage, such as “A user just stopped by and visited my about page”. Or you can tell sitetweet to post the URL or the URL directory.