This plugin will generate a xml based sitemap.org compliant sitemap for your website. This is required to get your sitemap listed in Google/Bing or Yahoo webmaster tools.
This sitemap will help Google, Yahoo, Bing and leading search engines to index your blog based on this sitemap and never miss any content. You can use this sitemap to submit your content to Microsoft Bing, Google, and Yahoo and several other search engines that supports sitemaps protocol.
This sitemap, makes it much easier for the bots/crawlers to see the complete structure of your site’s content and scan/crawl it more efficiently. This plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies/pings all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
*This release is not compatible with the new multisite feature of WordPress 3.0 yet. The plugin will remain inactive as long as this feature is enabled.
This plugin is free for everyone! Since it’s released under the GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog. You can also hire our professional services at SEO Tools and enhance the search engine listings for your website. 😉
- Upload the full directory into your wp-content/plugins directory
- Use your favorite FTP program to create two files in your WordPress directory (that’s where the wp-config.php is) named sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz and make them writable via CHMOD 666. More information about CHMOD and how to make files writable is available at the WordPress Codex and on stadtaus.com. Making your whole blog directory writable is NOT recommended anymore due to security reasons.
- Activate the plugin at the plugin administration page
- Open the plugin configuration page, which is located under Options -> Sitemap Generator and build the sitemap the first time. If you get a permission error, check the file permissions of the newly created files.
- The plugin will automatically update your sitemap whenever you publish a post or page.
Good job, but it is one problem, generator can see amp site (posts).
Contributors & Developers
“Sitemap Generator for Webmasters” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
1.3 – Updated about Plugin links on User interface in WordPress admin.
1.4 – Added SSL Links
1.5 – Updated Business Resources for Websites.