When you have a large number os posts it’s impossible to create sitemaps by
using pseudocron or hooks like
save_post. This plugin will
require a system cron schedule to visit a secret URL and trigger the sitemap
It splits the sitemaps into 50,000 URLs each, and also tries to stabilize the
memory usage during the run, doing small queries and using a limited buffer
to write the files.
If you don’t have administration privileges over your server, you can use a
cron job provider on the
Internet. If you do, please report your experience for the other users.
- Download and activate the plugin.
- Make sure you web server user can write on the
- Go to the ‘Settings > Sitemap Files Generator’ page and test the generation
using your secret link. You should see the sitemaps in your log file and status
- Submit the
wp-content/sitemaps/index.xmlsitemap in Google
- Schedule a cron job in your server or a cron job
Contributors & Developers
“Sitemap Files Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version. That’s it.
- Bug fix: don’t override first value of the public_query_vars array