You can bring on the first page or any other page, for the new visitors, the old content.It’s no need of the question why should I do this because you want that your visitors could have in their view your older articles.
What does this plugin bring new?
Other plug-ins are already doing a great job about random posts, but for me was not important to show just a list of a few links to my articles; not just a random generated list, with some titles. For some new visitors, the article’s content is more important than the title, actually, for anybody this statement is true .
So, I created this plugin to mark out even some text from the random article.
For further information, visit Plugin page
I will be glad to answer to your questions and I aspect any sugestions to made more usefull this plugin!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the plugin’s archive and extract the files.
- Using a FTP client, connect to the blogs’ host and put the directory “single-random-post-with-text” in the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- From your admin dashboard, activate the plugin in “Plugins” section.
- Edit the theme and add, wherever you want this plugin to work, the code
<?php single_random_post_text(); ?>.
- How does this plugin display a random article?
This plugin for display, uses:
– The title is shown in html tags
– The first part of the quoted content is dispayed in html tags
- May I quote a bigger content from the article?
If you would edit the file single-random-post-with-text.php you will find out a connected comment for you request.The standard size for the quoted content is of 200 characters. You can modify it with any value you wish for.
- How to edit the category id?
If you would edit the file single-random-post-with-text.php you will find out a connected comment for you request. The default category ID is number 5, so find this number in the code and change it with your category ID that you prefer.
Contributors & Developers
“Single Random Post With Text” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Display single random post with text from specific category.
- just what i say about it