Simple Welcome Bar is a tool to expand on your theme and draw attention to your message. With this you can promote
a new article, a new site, or just wish everyone ‘Happy Holidays.’
You can also adjust the coloring to compliment your theme or make it really stand out. This is great if you
want to be subtle with a new article or need to warn about an urgent matter.
Currently this is setup to stay hidden for one week after the visitor closes the bar.
To Do List
Here are some of the things I would like to do:
- Clean up the CSS and improve the looks
- Add the ability to modify the plugin with the new Theme Customizer
- Add international support (translations)
If there are any suggestions or wish to help with development, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
For manual installation:
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Open the settings for ‘Simple Welcome Bar’ and change to your needs.
- My theme covers up the Simple Welcome Bar, how do I force it to the top?
Some themes use the CSS ‘Z-Index’ property to adjust placement of certain elements. To adjust the z-index override
of Welcome Bar, open the settings page and change the ‘Z-Index fix’ value up until your problem is resolved.
ex. change the default to 999999, 100000 or higher. This should fix this for most themes.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Welcome Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added support for custom cookie expiration.
- Added tab navigation for options page.
- Internal changes for broader compatibility.
- Fixed font-family bug.
- Fixed close button styles.
- Added color picking options for button background, border and text on rest and hover.
- Cleaned up CSS.
- Initial release