Displays a list of posts for upcoming events.
Event dates are specifed as “date” Custom Field.
Depends on NO external services like Google Calendar.
When you publish a new post, add a Custom Field named “date”, and set its value to the date the event will take place (i.e. “2010-05-02”). That’s it!
Optionally, you can specify the name of the event with a Custom Field named “event-name”. If you don’t specify that, the title of the post is used as the name of the event.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add ‘Simple Upcoming Events’ widget through ‘Appearance’ > ‘Widgets’ menu.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Upcoming Events” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Removed usage of date_create, which was added in PHP 5.2, to support PHP 4.
- Added “event-name” Custom Field.
- Better adjustment for themes.
- Being more forgiving of different date formats of date Custom Field like “2009.9.27” or “2009/09/27”
- Showing reference of date format in a new window.