WARNING! AHTUNG! BHEMANIE! ADVERTENCIA! ALERTE!
The data storing conditions have been changed since 2.0 version.
- The plugin will try to convert your existing simple sidenav widgets, but I suggest you to backup or make notes about your existing simple sidenav widgets, in case something goes wrong, so you can restore or duplicate your previous settings.
Install like any other basic plugin:
simple-sidebar-navigation folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Go to the Widgets dashboard, scroll to the bottom to add the desired number of widgets. Add widgets to your sidebars and edit them. The edit window should be self explanatory.
Top Navigation Management functionality:
- Edit your theme's header template or the correct template that contains header navigation. If you have static navigation links in your template or any other functions that generate your top navigation - paste it instead of this tag
<!--YOUR OLD NAVIGATION -->.
<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Simple Top Nav') ) : ?> <!--YOUR OLD NAVIGATION --><?php endif; ?>
Until the "Simple Top Nav" widget is created in the administrative widgets dashboard - your old navigation will still be functioning. The same applies when the Simple Sidebar Plugin is disabled or removed.
- Go to the administrative Widgets dashboard and select "Simple Top Nav" as your current widget. Add one of the available Simple Sidebar Navigation widgets to the sidebar and edit it.
Suckerfish or Drop-Down Menus:
- suckerfish.css default stylesheet is included. If you would like upload your own, separate from your main CSS file, drop-down menus stylsheet - you can specify its path via
Settings => Simple SideNav.
- If you add more than one widget to the Simple Top Nav sidebar - it may break your theme's design or layout since only one list of links is usually expected to be there.
- Widget's Title in the Simple Top Nav sidebar should be blank - otherwise it will be hidden via inline CSS as display:none. I couldn't figure out how to alter the widget "on load" to remove it's title since it shouldn't be in the top navigation.