Optimized the code for wordpress 3.3 with some extra enhancements.
- update for WP version 3.3
- added localization strings. Create your custom PO files or use a plugin like WPML to translate all the strings in the plugin with the domain 'simple-portfolio'
- changed the admin menu icons
- importing images from medialibrary, thanks Rutger Laurman for contributing!
- some minor bug fixes
- cleaned up some code
- changed the screenshots
- the credits text in frontend is now optional and can be turned off in portfolio>settings
- is_portfolio() API method added
- is_portfolio_single() API method added
- enable/disable rewrite slug in settings portfolio
- enable custom query_posts args through query_portfolio
Xml update, added more featured image formats.
The xml format is slightly changed. When navigating to site/slug.xml the menus are now recursive instead of listed under each other.
NOTE: I've changed the structure of the xml a bit, if you've used it in your site make sure you update the parsing logic
- added date 'created/modified' to portfolio xml
- added more xml features to settings>portfolio, you can now choose what type of data is included in the xml.
- Option to include all WP data in xml.
- Added featured image (post thumbnails for projects)
- File-access error caused by allow_fopen_url is set to 'Off' (failed to open stream) fixed. Uses the internal method 'wp_remote_fopen' instead.
- Added FAQ adding custom taxonomy
Dashboard fixed with new API
- Performance improvements in WordPress CMS (media metabox/panel). Decrease load time of images.
- Taxonomies added, you can now assign your projects to categories and even tag them the way you like (thanks to Jankees van Woezik)
- Paginating fixed
- The option to enable/disable comments on projects
- Sorting settings>portfolio info fields the way you like
- XML update (clients, categories and tags added)
- New API added (huge improvement)
The next feature to be added will be the implementation of the sidebar widget, see Dean Barrow's solutions
Text type added
Bugfix on rewrite mechanism for paginating projects