2.0.21 (February 2015)
- Added: Updates via XML RPC are now logged, for example when using the WordPress app for iOS or Android. Supported actions for now is post/page created, edited, deleted, and media uploads.
_xmlrpc_request is added to context of event when an event is initiated through a XML-RPC all.
- Changed: RSS feed now has loglevel of event prepended to the title.
- Changed: Options logger now only shows the first 250 chars of new and old option values. Really long values could make the log look strange.
- Added: If constant SIMPLE_HISTORY_LOG_DEBUG is defined and true automatically adds $_GET, $_POST, and more info to each logged event. Mostly useful for the developer, but maybe some of you are a bit paranoid and want it too.
- Updated: German translation updated.
2.0.20 (February 2015)
- Added: changes via WP-CLI is now detected (was previously shown as "other").
- Added: severity level (info, warning, debug, etc.) of event is includes in the RSS output.
- Changed the way user login is logged. Should fix https://github.com/bonny/WordPress-Simple-History/issues/40 + possible more related issues.
- Added: filter
simple_history/simple_logger/log_message_key added, that can be used to shortcut log messages. See example file for usage. Fixes https://wordpress.org/support/topic/stop-logging-certain-types-of-activity.
- Added: now uses object caching at some places. Should speed up some parts of the plugin for users with caching enabled.
- Fixed: IP info popup can now be closed with
- Fixed: works better on small screens (like mobile phones) + misc other style related fixes.
2.0.19 (February 2015)
2.0.18 (January 2015)
- Fixed: really correctly show the version number of the previous version!
2.0.17 (January 2015)
- Added: messages added using for example
SimpleLogger()->info( __("My log message") ) that have translations now auto translated the message back to english before storing the message (together with the text domain). Then upon retrieval it uses the english message + the text domain to translate the message to the currently selected language. This makes it easier to make multilingual log entries. (Yeah, I know its hard to understand what the heck this does, but it's something good and cool, trust me!)
- Added: A sidebar with text contents on the history page.
- Changed: Search now shows only the search box by default, with a link to show all search options.
- Fixed: Search is now available at the dashboard again. Hooray!
- Fixed: Old entries were not cleared automatically. Now it correctly removes old events, so your database will not risk growing to large.
- Fixed: Quick stats could show two messages sometimes.
- Fixed: When headers like
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR exists all valid IPs in that header is now stored.
- Fixed: Plugin updates via third party software like InfiniteWP should now correctly show the version number of the previous version.
- Updated: German translation updated.
- Notice: Do you read these messages? Then you must love this plugin! Come on then, go and give it a nice review.
2.0.16 (January 2015)
- Fixed: Use the X-Forwarded-For header, if it is set, to determine remote IP address. Should now correctly store IP addresses for servers behind load balancers or for clients going through proxies. Fixes https://wordpress.org/support/topic/use-x-forwarded-for-http-header-when-logging-remote_addr.
- Changed: Failed login attempts from unknown and known users are now grouped together. This change was made because a hacker could make many login attempts to a site and rotate the logins, so they would try with both existing and non existing user names, which would make the log flood with failed login attempts.
- Changed: use "n similar events" instead of "n more", to more cleary mark that the grouped events are not necessary exactly the same kind.
- Changed: Quick stats text changed, to also include other sources. Previous behavior was to only include events from WordPress users, but now also events from anonymous users and WordPress (like from WP-Cron) are included.
2.0.15 (January 2015)
- Fixed: Widget changes where not always translated.
- Fixed: More RSS fixes to make feed valid. Maybe even for real this time.
- Updated: German translation updated.
2.0.14 (January 2015)
- Added: Danish translation added. Thanks ThomasDK81!
- Misc translation fixes, for example the log levels where not translateable (it may be a good idea to keep the original English ones however because they are the ones that are common in other software).
2.0.13 (January 2015)
2.0.12 (January 2015)
- Fixed: Deleted attachments did not get translations.
- Fixed: A notice when showing details for a deleted attachment.
2.0.11 (January 2015)
- Fixed: Comments where not logged correctly.
- Fixed: Comments where not translated correctly.
- Updated: German translation updated.
2.0.10 (January 2015)
2.0.9 (December 2014)
- Actually enable IP address lookup for all users. Sorry for missing to do that! ;)
2.0.8 (December 2014)
- Added: IP addresses can now be clicked to view IP address info from ipinfo.io. This will get you the location and network of an IP address and help you determine from where for example a failed login attempt originates from. See screenshot of IP address info in action.
- Added: new action
SimpleHistory:logReloadStart. Fired when the log starts to reload, like when using the pagination or using the filter function.
- Fixed: use Mustache-inspired template tags instead of Underscore default ones, because they don't work with PHP with asp_tags on.
- Updated: Swedish translation updated
2.0.7 (December 2014)
- Fix: no message when restoring page from trash
- Fix: use correct width for media attachment
- Add: filter
simple_history/logrowhtmloutput/classes, to modify HTML classes added to each log row item
2.0.6 (November 2014)
2.0.5 (November 2014)
2.0.4 (November 2014)
- Make messages for manually updated plugins and bulk updated plugins more similar
2.0.3 (November 2014)
- Show the version of PHP that the user is running, when the PHP requirement of >= 5.3 is not met
2.0.2 (November 2014)
- Fixed wrong number of arguments used in filter in RSS-feed
2.0.1 (November 2014)
- Removed anonymous function in index file causing errors during install on older versions of PHP
2.0 (November 2014)
Major update - Simple History is now better and nicer than ever before! :)
I've spend hundreds of hours making this update, so if you use it and like it please donate to keep my spirit up or give it a nice review.
- Code cleanup and modularization
- Support for log contexts
- Kinda PSR-3-compatible :)
- Can handle larger logs (doesn't load whole log into memory any more)
- Use nonces at more places
- More filters and hooks to make it easier to customize
- Better looking! well, at least I think so ;)
- Much better logging system to make it much easier to create new loggers and to translate logs into different languages
- Features as plugins: more things are moved into modules/its own file
- Users see different logs depending on their capability, for example an administrator will see what plugins have been installed, but an editor will not see any plugin related logs
- Much much more.
- Fixed strict standards warning
- Tested on WordPress 4.0
- Added Polish translation
- Added correct XML encoding and header
- Fixed notice warnings when media did not exist on file system
- Added a reload-button at top. Click it to reload the history. No need to refresh page no more!
- Fixed items being reloaded when just clicking the dropdown (not having selected anything yet)
- Fixed bug with keyboard navigation
- Added Portuguese translation by X6Web
- Use less SQL queries
- Changed the way post types show in the dropdown. Now uses plural names + not prefixed with main post type. Looks better I think. Thank to Hassan for the suggestion!
- Added "bytes" to size units that an attachment can have. Also fixes undefined notice warning when attachment had a size less that 1 KB.
- Capability for viewing settings changed from edit_pages to the more correct manage_options
- Could get php notice warning if rss secret was not set. Also: make sure both public and private secret exists.
- Improved contrast for details view
- Fix sql error on installation due to missing column
- Remove options and database table during removal of plugin
- Added: German translation for extender module
- Added: history events can store text description with a more detailed explanation of the history item
- Added: now logs failed login attempts for existing username. Uses the new text description to store more info, for example user agent and remote ip address (REMOTE_ADDR)
- Fixed: box did not change height when clicking on occasions
- Fixed: Plugin name is included when plugins is activated or deactivated. Previosuly only folder name and name of php file was included.
- Added: Attachment thumbnails are now visible if history item is an attachment. Also includes some metadata.
- Changed: Filters now use dropdowns for type and user. When a site had lots of users and lots of post types, the filter section could be way to big.
- Added keyboard navigation. Use right and left arrow when you are on Simple History's own page to navigation between next and previous history page.
- Added loading indicator, so you know it's grabbing your history, even if it's taking a while
- Misc JS and CSS fixes
- Arabic translation updated
- POT-file updated
- Added the Simple History Extender-module/plugin. With this great addon to Simple History it is very easy for other developers to add their own actions to simple history, including a settings panel to check actions on/off. All work on this module was made by Laurens Offereins (email@example.com). Super thanks!
- With the help of Simple History Extender this plugin also tracks changes made in bbPress, Gravity Forms and in Widges. Awesome!
- Added user email to RSS feed + some other small changed to make it compatible with IFTTT.com. Thanks to phoenixMagoo for the code changes. Fixes http://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestions-a-couple-of-tweaks-to-the-rss-feed.
- Added two filters for the RSS feed: simple_history_rss_item_title and simple_history_rss_item_description.
- Changed the way the plugin directory was determined. Perhaps and hopefully this fixes some problems with multi site and plugin in different locations and stuff like that
- Style fixes for RTL languages
- Small fixes here and there, for example changing deprecated WordPress functions to not deprecated
- Added new filter: simple_history_db_purge_days_interval. Hook it to change default clear interval of 60 days.
- Added: filter simple_history_allow_db_purge that is used to determine if the history should be purged/cleaned after 60 days or not. Return false and it will never be cleaned.
- Fixed: fixed a security issue with the RSS feed. User who should not be able to view the feed could get access to it. Please update to this version to keep your change log private!
- Fixed: Used a PHP shorthand opening tag at a place. Sorry!
- Fixed: Now loads scripts and styles over HTTPS, if that's being used. Thanks to "llch" for the patch.
- Added: option to set number of items to show, per page. Default i 5 history log items.
- Fixed: some translation issues, including updated POT-file for translators.
- You may want to clear the history database after this update because the items in the log will have mixed translate/untranslated status and it may look/work a bit strange.
- Added: Option to clear the database of log items.
- Changed: No longer stored translated history items in the log. This makes the history work even if/when you switch langauge of WordPress.
- Fixed: if for example a post was editied several times and during these edits it changed name, it would end up at different occasions. Now it's correctly stored as one event with several occasions.
- Some more items are translateable
- Updated German translation
- Some translation fixes
- Fixed a translation bug
- Added updated German translation
- The pagination no longer disappear after clickin "occasions"
- Fixed: AJAX loading of new history items didn't work.
- New filter: simple_history_view_history_capability. Default is "edit_pages". Modify this to change what cabability is required to view the history.
- Modified: styles and scripts are only added on pages that use/show Simple History
- Updated: new POT file. So translators my want to update their translations...
- Added: pagination. Gives you more information, for example the number of items, and quicker access to older history items. Also looks more like the rest of the WordPress GUI.
- Modified: search now searches type of action (added, modified, deleted, etc.).
- Fixed some annoying errors that slipt through testing.
- Added: now also logs when a user saves any of the built in settings page (general, writing, reading, discussion, media, privacy, and permalinks. What more things do you want to see in the history? Let me know in the support forum.
- Added: gravatar of user performing action is always shown
- Fixed: history items that was posts/pages/custom post types now get linked again
- Fixed: search is triggered on enter (no need to press search button) + search searches object type and object subtype (before it just searched object name)
- Fixed: showing/loading of new history items was kinda broken. Hopefully fixed and working better than ever now.
- Plus: even more WordPress-ish looking!
- Also added donate-links. Tried to keep them discrete. Anyway: please donate if you use this plugin regularly.
- Default settings should be to show on page, missed that one. Sorry!
- Do not show on dashboard by default to avoid clutter. Can be enabled in settings.
- Add link to settings from plugin list
- Settings are now available as it's own page under Settings -> Simple Fields. It was previosly on the General settings page and some people had difficulties finding it there.
- Added filters: simple_history_show_settings_page, simple_history_show_on_dashboard, simple_history_show_as_page
- Changed widget name to just "History" instead of "Simple History". Keep it simple. Previous name implied there also was an "Advanced History" somewhere.
- Made the widget look a bit WordPress-ish by borrwing some of the looks from the comments widget.
- Fix for database that didn't use UTF-8 (sorry international users!)
- Some security fixes
- Updated POT-file
- Added: Now you can search the history
- Added: Choose if you wan't to load/show more than just 5 rows from the history
- Fixed: titles are now escaped
- Added chinese translation
- Fixed a variable notice
- More visible ok-message after setting a new RSS secret
- Attachment names were urlencoded and looked wierd. Now they're not.
- Started to store plugin version number
- Added chinese translation
- Uses WordPress own human_time_diff() instead of own version
- Fix for time zones
- Directly after installation of Simple History you could view the history RSS feed without using any secret. Now a secret is automatically set during installation.
- Made the RSS-feature a bit easier to find: added a RSS-icon to the dashboard window - it's very discrete, you can find it at the bottom right corner. On the Simple History page it's a bit more clear, at the bottom, with text and all. Enjoy!
- Added POT-file
- using get_the_title instead of fetching the title directly from the post object. should make plugins like qtranslate work a bit better.
- preparing for translation by using __() and _e() functions. POT-file will be available shortly.
- Could get cryptic "simpleHistoryNoMoreItems"-text when loading a type with no items.
- RSS-feed is now valid, and should work at more places (could be broken because of html entities and stuff)
- Added comments to the history, so now you can see who approved a comment (or unapproved, or marked as spam, or moved to trash, or restored from the trash)
- fixed some php notice messages + some other small things I don't remember..
- forgot to escape html for posts
- reduced memory usage... I think/hope...
- changes internal verbs for actions. some old history items may look a bit weird.
- added RSS feed for recent changes - keep track of changes via your favorite RSS-reader
- page is now added under dashboard (was previously under tools). just feel better.
- mouse over on date now display detailed date a bit faster
- layout fixes to make it cooler, better, faster, stronger
- multiple events of same type, performed on the same object, by the same user, are now grouped together. This way 30 edits on the same page does not end up with 30 rows in Simple History. Much better overview!
- the name of deleted items now show up, instead of "Unknown name" or similar
- added support for plugins (who activated/deactivated what plugin)
- support for third party history items. Use like this:
this would result in somehting like this:
Starship "USS Enterprise" repaired
by admin (John Doe), just now
- capability edit_pages needed to show history. Is this an appropriate capability do you think?
- First public version. It works!