Add “Add to Cart” buttons to your pages / posts with sidebar widget showing items currently in customer’s shopping cart. When customer clicks on ‘Go to Checkout’
then can purchase items via Paypal. Simple, secure shopping cart system stores no user information (email, address, credit card, etc) but uses
encrypted buy now buttons to pass customer over to Paypal for providing purchasing information.
- Easily add “Add to Cart” buttons to pages / posts
- Secure, encrypted Buy Now buttons for Paypal and Google Wallet
- You can include options to your products, with different prices if necessary
- Easy to customize, including custom functions to get pricing (e.g. volume discounts), shipping options, etc
- Optionally adds Google Analyics tracking code and links Paypal purchases with Google Analytics Ecommerce
- Upload the entire
scabnfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
You will find ‘SCABN Settings’ menu in your WordPress admin panel and the icon in your post editor panel.
- I just installed the plugin. Now what?
- Create a new page. Title something like ‘Checkout’. In the page edit toolbar, click on the icon of a shopping cart with an ‘S’ (Add SCABN Item or Checkout). Check “Make this page my Checkout Page”. Save the page and note its url.
- Go to Appearance / Widgets and add the ‘SCABN Checkout Cart’ widget somewhere on your side. This is a mini shopping cart that will be displayed on all your pages.
- Goto Plugins / SCABN Settings. Under ‘Checkout/Process Page URL’ put the url from step 1. Fill out other information such as Paypal Account, etc as desired.
- Edit a page where you want an ‘add to cart’ item. Click on the icon of a shopping cart with an ‘S’ as in step one, but this time fill out the item name, cost, etc.
- Done! View your page. When you click on the add to cart button, it should show up in the mini shopping cart widget. That widget will have a link to your checkout page. Your checkout page will then show you the full shopping cart and provide buy now buttons for Paypal and Google Wallet.
- Optional: Read templates/default.php for example on how to customize SCABN. Copy default.php to yourtemplate.php and edit as desired. Enable this template (yourtemplate) via SCABN’s setting page.
- How do I select shipping options?
Paypal doesn’t support dynamic shipping optios, so log in to your Paypal account and goto Profile, More Options, My Selling Tools, Shipping Calculations and
you can define different shipping options for different locations and weight OR price of the order.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Cart & Buy Now” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial Upload
- I’ve been using it enough to think it generally working.
- Fixed error when using currency other than USD — USD hard-coded in two places, now uses $currency option.
- Options for products can have different pricing
- Can update quantities in sidebar mini-shopping cart
- Custom Cart page non option in gui page editor widget
- Minor aesthetic tweaks
- Now supports Paypal PDT for return url, including processing of txn to display Name, purchase amount, on return after purchase
- Weight field properly passed onto Paypal for calculating shipping costs. (Note if using your own template, please update customize.php’s getitemweight function as if return left null (as before) paypal breaks.
- Fixed bad url for plugin page url
- Shopping cart sent to google or paypal did not include item’s options. Now adds items’ options information to the cart.
- Cleaned up some css on placement of add to cart button.
- Added feature: Google Analytics tracking with Ecommerce Support
- Fixed bug with removing items from cart causing new items added to be ignored
- Fixed bug with having items with options where pricing is different for each option.
- Same as 1.2.9, but I’m marking this as stable after further testing of 1.2.9
- Fixed bug where some users got ‘Undefined index: item_options’ error
- Added ability to set weight of an item in short code.
- Empty cart when Paypal directs you to a receipt page. (IPN)
- Attempt to remove echos from code and use function returns as should be done with shotcodes. Not heavily tested
- More testing and it works fine, so tagging as stable. Also tested against WordPress 3.4.2.
- Fixed bug where Google Analytics Tracking Code was not getting onto website.
- Fixed bug where “:” was displayed for item options name even when name was blank.
- Title set on SCABN’s widget (hardcoded to ‘Simple Checkout’)
- Changed loading of tiny_mce_popup to work with WordPress 3.5
- Fixed missing “>” typo in Paypal checkout button when using unencrypted buttons.
- Undid 1.4.6 as that didn’t fix the problem.
- Changed return of html content in scabn_sc to echo as it seems on some these that return gets sanitized to html, which is bad.
- Major rewrite for SCABN 2.0. Uses classes, removes dead code from WP Checkout. Better customization / template system.
- Because of major rewrite to template system, please backup your template before upgrading and you will need to port your customization to new system.
- Only display Paypal / Google buy now buttons if merchant id / email is set in SCABN’s settings.
- Removed ‘Placeholder’ echo leftover from debugging.
- Small code changes to remove warning / notification with running WP with DEBUG on.
- Changed how display class was loaded in backend to (maybe) fix call_user_func warning on some systems
- Added code to check for $before_widget and $after_widget to prevent warnings on sites with themes that don’t use those variables.
- Code in 1.9.6 didn’t fix warnings about before/after widget. Moved functionality to widget class from display as not all variables getting passed to function.
- Fixed code so you can leave name=”bla” blank in short code and SCABN will use post_title on the current page.
- Use get_permalink instead of get_guid for link to item page in shopping cart.
- Security improvment to use nonce on add_to_cart POST
- Tweak to widget to not add h4 encoding to title as it is now inside theme’s wrapping for the title.
- You can now disable Paypal by leaving the Paypal email address blank.
- Support for more complicated shipping regions for Google. Documented in template.php
- template.php shows how to change css file.
- Changed backend::shortcode function to echo shortcodes instead of return them. Should fix issues in some themes where outputs get filtered.
Tagging 1.9.13 as 2.0.0 and stable.
Google Analytics ID tag lengthed to handle new longer id’s from Google.
New support for location / multiple language translation (thanks to soulpixel for doing all the work)
Adds random number to cart that changes on update to prevent reload events from duplicating previous add/edit of cart
Removed Google Wallet / Google Checkout stuff as Google stopped this service. Echo full page commands instead of return them to
try to fix issues with some themes.
Removed hard-coding of Paypal locale
Made some functions static to remove warnings with php 5.5 / 5.6 strict
Work-around for openssl on servers where php running as user without access to $HOME