This is an ADDON plugin to give further functionality to the plugin Simple 301 Redirects plugin.
Simple 301 Redirects – Addon – Bulk Uploader adds an extra section to the settings tab
to upload a CSV of old and new URL’s to input into the Simple 301 Redirects plugin. An example CSV is bundled in with the plugin to get you going quickly.
The plugin checks for duplicate old URLs and alerts you of these in the summary after your CSV has been processed.
If you have any suggestions or would like to see a feature in the plugin, please let me know in the support forum.
Any issues you are having, I’d also love to know, so again, please let me know using the support forum.
- Download and unzip the zip file onto your computer
- Upload the ‘simple-301-bulk-uploader’ folder into the
/wp-content/plugins/directory (alternatively, install the plugin from the plugin directory within the admin)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Drag the widget into your sidebar and modify the settings or insert the shortcode into a post or theme template.
- What is a CSV?
A CSV is a Comma-Separated Values file, which put simply, is a spreadsheet saved in a particular format.
- What can I use to create a CSV?
To easily create a CSV file, use a spreadsheet program like Excel or Open Office Spreadsheets. Simple 301 Redirects – Addon – Bulk Uploader is setup to handle a 2 column
CSV with the old URL in the first column and the new URL in the second column.
Works PERFECT! – Saves TIME! MUST HAVE! Simple 301 Redirects – Addon – Bulk Uploader
Fantastic – easy to use, big time saver.
I was not aware of this wonderful plug-in when I manually entered 500 redirects to Simple 301 redirect, which currently has a limit on how many entries can be added (08/21/16). I fixed the issue with directions from Simple 301 Redirect’s Developer. I then saved a lot of time using the bulk loader for the last of the entries. – worked flawlessly,
My data was already in excel form, so if I knew in advance this plug-in existed, I would have used it from the beginning and overcome the 500 entry entry issue that needs to be fixed in Simple 301 Redirect, but does work well, in conjunction with the Bulk loader- which does fix the issue.
Another cool feature is that you can export all of the entries as a backup, which is very nice if you like to sleep at night.
Thank you for the plug-in. 🙂
When you have a lot of redirects, it’s so much easier to create a .CSV file, than to enter and save each redirect one at a time. Thank you for this desperately needed plugin.
A *VERY* helpful feature since the CSV upload feature of the classic “Redirection” plugin has been broken for some time. Thanks for your work on this!
I’ve always hated the tedium of entering one line at a time in Simple 301 Redirects, and now this plug-in makes it so fast and easy and helps me check for duplicates. Huge time saver, just what I needed. Thanks!
Contributors & Developers
“Simple 301 Redirects – Addon – Bulk Uploader” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added mime type “plain/text”
- Added mime type “application/ms-excel”
- Added mime type “application/x-excel”
- Updated permissions to match that of the parent plugin
- Another mime type added
- Added icons for WP4.0
- Addition of another mime type
- Addition of some error code to help determine mime type issues
- Addition of another mime type found in Firefox
- Update to deprecated user levels to the matching role
- Added ability to delete 301 redirect list
- Update to allowed file type list
- Export to CSV feature
- Option added to force PHP to auto detect line endings
- Adding back a mistakenly removed mime type
- Addition of another mime type
- Addition of further mime types
- Update to uploader to read the file coming from a PC