There are several photo blog plug-in for WordPress. Most of them assume that you are a professional photographer who makes lots of money via his/her camera.
Sidebar Photo blog does not use lots of server resources and doesn’t have any confusing options. It uses WordPress functions to get maximum compatibility and flexibility.
- Ability to show random photos
Sidebar Photo blog is simple, light and easy to use. It also has some nice effects, a simple slideshow, ability to show random photos and an archive page for your pictures.
To learn how to add your photos please see plugin URL. It’s easy!
To add your own language contact us.
While doing the installation procedure, it is recommended to go through all the steps first before viewing the output. If you don’t, you’ll get nasty error messages.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress backend
- Go to ‘Appearance’ menu, then to ‘Widgets’ (or ‘Design’ then ‘Widgets’ for older versions).
- Add Sidebar Photoblog widget to your sidebar.
- Save your changes.
- Disable the Sidebar Photoblog plugin
- Delete sidebar-photoblog.php from your server
- Download and unzip the new file(s) into the plugins dir
- Enable the Sidebar Photoblog plugin
- How can I use it?
After installation, the plug-in automatically creates a category called ‘Sidebar Photo blog’ and a page for a photo archive called ‘Photos’. You can edit those categories and pages via WordPress but ‘[sphoto_archive]’ should remain in the page content.
To Insert Your Photos
1.Click for new posts and choose the photo blog category (usually ‘Sidebar Photo blog’).
2.Upload your photo via the WordPress Editor (don’t use “From URL” tab).
3.Insert the full size image into post and publish it.
It’s that easy!
It is very flexible. You can upload several photos and add your own content but olny first photo will be appear in widget.
- My photos show in main column of the blog?
Please remove Recent Posts Widget from your sidebar. This problem will be solved in next version.
-You can customize padding, borders,etc using CSS (Don’t forget to disable style related options in widget settings first).
-If your theme can’t show large photos properly change ‘Max Width’ in Settings->Media. You can also change thumbnail size and size of preview pop-up image(‘Medium size’) over there.
- Would you like to show your photos in main page?
Open sidebar-photoblog.php with a text-editor(like notepad) or plugin editor in WP admin. search for “exclude_from_home” and change it to false.
- I want to display photo grid (in two or more columns)
Simply reduce photo size. If you don’t want it you should increase your sidebar width. The plugin arrange photos automatically.
Contributors & Developers
“Sidebar Photoblog” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Slideshow was added.
- Russian Langauge was added to package.
- Hover image bug in some theme was fixed.