- First forked version from original, made by Samuel Aguilera that integrates my patch. Changed Ping.FM App API key to our own per Samuel's request.
- Added a function to remove the new wp.me shortlink creation functions present in WordPress.com stats plugin (if you're using Shorten2Ping you dont need support for wp.me short links).
- Improved Facebook support: Now if you upload and insert an image in your post, Shorten2Ping will add the needed tag in your post code to tell Facebook to take this image for the preview and not the first image in your page's code like used to be before. If you want to force the use of an image, you can add a new custom field to the post named 'fb_img' and put the full URL to the image in the value for this custom field.
- Added function to remove HTML tags (if any) from post titles before sending notifications.
- Updated compatibility tag to WordPress 2.9.
- Finally fixed html entities in title when using Ping.fm to notify new posts (not happened with Twitter). The fix consists in using $post->the_title instead of get_the_title($post_id), so not really a Shorten2Ping's bug but different output for two WP functions that should do the same.
- Improved options page. Now looks better and it's XHTML valid code :)
- Updated locale file (.pot) and es_ES translation to reflect some changes in options page.
- Added settings link on plugins page
- Fixed bug in Su.pr support (thanks to Brad for reporting it!)
- Added italian translation made by Riccardo Vianello AKA etms51
- Improved handling of settings when updating from 1.1.3 to 1.2.x
- Added some code to autofix blank settings created by 1.2 on new installations see http://wordpress.org/support/topic/319359?replies=4 (now you dont need to do that manually, simply deactivate and activate again the plugin).
- Fixed bug that prevents the plugin options to work on new installations.
- Changed checking user level (number based) to checking capabilities for the options page.
- Added YOURLS shortener support.
- Added Su.pr shortener support. (User requested feature).
- Added 'linktext' parameter to short_permalink() theme tag. Now you can choose between using short link as text for the link or use the "Short URL" text (default behaviour). (User requested feature).
- Added 'Self domain' option for shortened permalinks. If your domain is short enough for you, this option will not use any shortener service, but instead will use the post ID (default WP permalinks).
- Added checking to avoid to ping new pages. Now only posts are notified (as intended from start of making this plugin).
- Removed adding and checking of post meta data 'pinged = yes'. That was not needed since changes on 1.1.1
- Added 'both' option by user request to make possible to send notifications to both services (Ping.fm and Twitter) at once.
- Fixed typo that may cause users with no admin level to access to the options page. (Thanks to David Jack Wange Olrik for reporting the issue.)
- Changed action hook. Now the ping function is called only when post changed status from X to publish (where X can be new, draft, pending or future). So now, if you edit an old post (that you published before installing Shorten2Ping) or the post has any else status than mentioned this plugin does nothing.
- Removed echo statement at tr.im function (used while debugging) that causes no returning to post edit page after publishing on some cases.
- Removed @ operator at json_decode functions, now if any error happens while calling json_decode it will show on screen.
- Added support for http://twitter.com and http://tr.im
- Some other minor improvements/cleanup in the code.
- Store settings in an array to reduce calls to database.
- Added options for choose shorten and notification services, and to turn off them (so you can use Shorten2Ping only for notification if your domain is already short enough for you, or use Shorten2Ping only to get shortened urls for your posts).
- Replaced PHPingFM by Dmitri Gaskin for a single function based on the one by Sold Out Activist for the pingPressFM.
- Fixed a typo and Ping.fm developer approved.
Originally based on WordTwit 1.2 by Duane Storey.
PingFM function based on one by Sold Out Activistclass for the pingPressFM plugin, and Bit.ly function by David Walsh & Jason Lengstorf.