Currently, there is an option to “opt-in” to email marketing during the checkout. However, this option only provides the store owner with permission to send emails to the customer.
It does not automatically add the customer to any third-party email services.
With Shopp + iContact this issue is resolved. If a customer “opts-in” to email marketing during checkout, then their email, first name, and last name are sent to a specified list on iContact.
- Need help with your Shopp ecommerce store? Hire a Shopp developer today.
- View additional WordPress plugins for Shopp by Lorenzo Orlando Caum, Enzo12 LLC
- Follow Lorenzo on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, and Github
Credit to Adam Sewell who wrote the original code that allowed data to be transferred from Shopp after checkout. This code has been extended for several other services.
Credit to novoartis who created the PHP API Wrapper for the iContact API.
Need a Shopp developer to help you with your Shopp? Hire a Shopp eCommerce developer and consultant today.
What do you think about video tutorials for Shopp? Learn Shopp eCommerce Plugin Fast
- You’ll need an account with iContact.
- Ensure that your Shopp is activated and up-to-date.
- Download Shopp + iContact. Unzip the
- Upload the
shopp-icontactfolder to the
- Activate Shopp + iContact through the Plugins menu in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Shopp 101 → + iContact.
- Enter your Username for iContact. Then enter your APP Password, APP ID, Account ID, Client Folder ID. Finally enter your List ID and click Save Settings.
- How do I get a iContact account?
Visit icontact.com to register for an account.
- What is Shopp and how do I get it?
Shopp is an ecommerce plugin for WordPress. Learn more about Shopp.
- Are there any other extensions available for Shopp?
Yes, there are different extensions available including emailing marketing, short message service (sms) notifications, forms & reporting, help desk, and more. Please visit Shopp 101.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Shopp + iContact” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors