Currently, there is an option to “opt-in” to email marketing during the checkout. However, this option only provides the store owner with permission to send emails to the customer.
It does not add the customer to any third-party email services.
With Shopp + Contactology this issue is resolved. If a customer “opts-in” to email marketing during checkout, then their email, first name, and last name are sent to a specified list on Contactology.
- Need help with your Shopp ecommerce store? Hire a Shopp consultant today.
- View additional WordPress plugins for Shopp by Lorenzo Orlando Caum, Enzo12 LLC
- Follow Lorenzo on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, and Github
Credit to Adam Sewell who wrote the original code that allowed data to be transferred from Shopp after checkout. This code has been extended for several other services.
Credit to Contactology who created the PHP API Wrapper for the Contactology API.
Need a Shopp developer to help you with your Shopp? Hire a Shopp consultant and developer today.
What do you think about video tutorials for Shopp? Join today as a member of Shopp 101
- You’ll need an account with Contactology.
- Ensure that your Shopp is activated and up-to-date.
- Download Shopp + Contactology. Unzip the
- Upload the
shopp-contactologyfolder to the
- Activate Shopp + Contactology through the Plugins menu in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Shopp 101 → + Contactology.
- Enter your API key and List ID for Contactology and click Save Settings.
- How do I get a Contactology account?
Visit contactology.com to register for an account.
- What is Shopp and how do I get it?
Shopp is an ecommerce plugin for WordPress. Learn more about Shopp.
- Are there any other extensions available for Shopp?
Yes, there are different extensions available including emailing marketing, short message service (sms) notifications, forms & reporting, help desk, and more. Please visit Shopp 101.
Contributors & Developers
“Shopp + Contactology” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changed name of menu from + Extensions to Shopp 101
- Verified support for WP 3.9.2
- Verified support for Shopp 1.3.5
- Removed links to old domain name
- Only load CSS on WP admin screen
- Moved to new menu
- Verified support for Shopp 1.2.4 and 1.2.5
- Removed social sharing
- Verified support for WordPress 3.5
- Fixed broken links
- Corrected grammar errors
- Verified support for WordPress 3.4.2
- Added notice for Shopp 184.108.40.206 and prior (no longer supported)
- Added links to Amazon Wishlist
- Corrected html syntax
- Fixed CSS date format
- Corrected errors from array(&$this
- Verified support for WordPress 3.4.1
- Verified support through Shopp 1.2.3
- Added support to extend plugin further
- Removed unneeded styling in css file
- Minor updates to admin page content and layout
- Corrected html syntax
- Removed referral links
- Fixed a PHP Notice that was appearing in the Shopp debug log
- Reduced overall size of plugin
- New Shopp email marketing opt-in screenshot
- New plugin interface screenshots
- Removed trunk folder from plugin folder
- Removed references to MailChimp
- Added Other Notes
- Removed banner ad (WordPress Plugin Guidelines) and replaced with links to http://optimizemyshopp.com
- CSS improvements
- First version!