Currently, there is an option to “opt-in” to email marketing during the checkout. However, this option only provides the store owner with permission to send emails to the customer.
It does not automatically add the customer to any third-party email services.
With Shopp + ActiveCampaign this issue is resolved. If a customer “opts-in” to email marketing during checkout, then their email, first name, and last name are sent to a specified list on ActiveCampaign.
- Need help with your Shopp ecommerce store? Hire a Shopp developer today.
- View additional WordPress plugins for Shopp by Lorenzo Orlando Caum, Enzo12 LLC
- Follow Lorenzo on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, and Github
Credit to Adam Sewell who wrote the original code that allowed data to be transferred from Shopp after checkout. This code has been extended for several other services.
Credit to ActiveCampaign who created the PHP API Wrapper for the ActiveCampaign API.
Need a Shopp developer to help you with your Shopp? Hire a Shopp consultant and developer today.
What do you think about video tutorials for Shopp? Join Shopp 101 as a member
- You’ll need an account with ActiveCampaign.
- Ensure that your Shopp is activated and up-to-date.
- Download Shopp + ActiveCampaign. Unzip the
- Upload the
shopp-activecampaignfolder to the
- Activate Shopp + ActiveCampaign through the Plugins menu in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Shopp 101 → + ActiveCampaign.
- Enter your API URL, API Key, and List ID for ActiveCampaign and click Save Settings.
- How do I get a ActiveCampaign account?
Visit activecampaign.com to register for an account.
- What is Shopp and how do I get it?
Shopp is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress. Learn more about Shopp.
- Are there any other extensions available for Shopp?
Yes, there are different extensions available including emailing marketing, short message service (sms) notifications, forms & reporting, help desk, and more. Please visit Shopp 101.
Contributors & Developers
“Shopp + ActiveCampaign” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changed name of menu from + Extensions to Shopp 101
- Verified support for WP 3.9.2
- Verified support for Shopp 1.3.5
- Removed links to old domain name
- Only load CSS on WP admin screen
- Moved to new menu
- Removed social sharing
- Other minor edits
- Verified support for WordPress 3.5
- Verified support for Shopp 1.2.4 and 1.2.5
- First version!