Syntax hilight 30 languages, 2 dozen themes to choose from. Fast, can easily hilight 1000 lines of code (the Google Syntax Hilighter based plugins die around 75-100 lines).
2 ways to include code in your posts – use as documented on SHJS or use the [SyntaxHilite:…] syntax described in the installation/usage section to link to a raw text file.
- Upload the SHJSSyntaxHiliter directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Select a theme from the Settings->SHJS Syntax Hiliter options page.
There are 2 ways to include your code:
Inside <pre name=”code” class=”sh_java”></pre> just as you would normally use SHJS.
Copy your code into a file on your server.
In your posts pass the webroot relative path and language like this:
The supported languages, etc. are detailed on the Settings->SHJS Syntax Hiliter page.
Additional usage instructions can be found on codezach
- Can this thing hilight my language?
There are 30 languages available, check the languages on SHJS.
- How can I tell what the themes look like without applying them and refreshing?
Check out the theme previewer on SHJS. It would be nice to have theme preview integrated with
the options, but I’m out of time for now…
Contributors & Developers
“SHJS Syntax Hilighter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors