SendLove.to is a “people rating” plugin for bloggers and online publishers that frequently write about important people in the news: politicians, athletes, celebrities, musicians, artists, authors, and more. It creates controversial, living conversations on your website, across both old and new content, that help visitors discover and read more articles. Publishers report huge increases to time on site, page views, and return visitors with SendLove.to.
How it works:
Our plugin scans your articles for the names of over 2M famous people and enables social polling features on your site. As visitors rate and share their opinions on a person, their opinions appear in an interactive feed beneath every article — past, present, and future — that you write about that person. This creates highly visible, highly engaging conversations. Each opinion in the feed links back to the article that inspired it, so readers discover and read more articles through the voice of their peers.
SendLove.to works perfectly with Disqus, Facebook Comments, WordPress Comments, Intense Debate… or all on its own!
- Quick Polls: mouse over names in articles to vote & share opinions
- Opinions Feed: interactive feed for each person, threaded comments & replies
- Public Figure Bios: biographies at the top of each feed for each person
- Charts & Graphs: see votes over time & compare to the national average
- Content Rediscovery: readers share articles with each other via opinions
- Social Authentication and Sharing: login and share to Facebook or Twitter
- Awesome Analytics: find out who’s visiting your site, who/what they love
- Powerful Moderation, Spam and Profanity Filters
- Look & Feel Customization: tweak the look and feel to match your site
- People Management: manage who gets rated or add your own people
- Mobile Compatibility: perfect for Apple and Android devices
- Use with WordPress, Disqus, Facebook Comments, Intense Debate, Echo, & more
Install the plugin to your ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory in WordPress
“Activate” the plugin on your Plugins admin panel
Follow the brief instructions on the SendLove.to Plugin Settings
Contributors & Developers
“SendLove.to – Social People Rating Plugin for Bloggers & Publishers” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
= 1.27 (08/23/2011)
- Added an advanced configuration option which allows users to use an alternate embed method if their templates don’t utilize the comments_template() function.
- The bulk of the embed code now resides in the footer of the page.
- Preferences are now preserved if you do a re-install or upgrade of the plugin.
- Official WordPress directory release
- Improvements to the Settings page to clarify the signup process. Also added visual indication that settings have been successfully saved.
- We now ensure the code is only placed into the page one time. Third-party plugins were occasionally requesting the comment template multiple times which was causing duplication.
- Initial Release