This plugin’s functionality has been merged into the External Links plugin.
As a result this plugin is now deprecated. No further development will occur on it.
The Autolink URI plugin for WordPress automatically converts urls to hyperlinked urls in post/page content, excerpts and text widgets.
The Semiologic forum is the best place to report issues. Please note, however, that while community members and I do our best to answer all queries, we’re assisting you on a voluntary basis.
If you require more dedicated assistance, consider using Semiologic Pro.
- WP 4.0 compat
- Revamped the path, query string and anchor detection. Some valid characters like $ + ( ) ! were being missed. (props Weston Technologies)
- Code refactoring
- WP 3.9 compat
- Urls found in
pre> tags are now ignored.
- WP 3.8 compat
- urls in text widgets are now converted.
- WP 3.7 compat
- Don’t change email addresses in HTML5 email placeholder attribute (props vickifarmer)
- WP 3.6 compat
- PHP 5.4 compat
- Added support for port numbers in url
- Fix localhost urls
- Allow colons (:) in url matching
- Don’t check inside of quotes. Some shortcodes have urls as parameters
- Avoid auto-linking background attributes
- Also catch urls with a parameter and no trailing slash
- Enhance escape/unescape methods
- Code enhancements and optimizations