This plugin lets you sell your ebook, software package or anything else small enough to fit into a standard email message (less than 10MiB is safe).
The buyer obtains a code through premium sms service and enters it along with his or her email addres in the form. If the code is correct, Sell from Blog creates a message, attaches your package to it and sends it to the buyer’s email address.
The package you want to sell is placed on your own server, in a secured directory which is not accessible from outside.
There is also a dashboard widget which shows you how many codes you have left and gives detailed info on last 25 transactions.
Additionally, you can ask buyers to let you send additional information to their email address (can be turned on of off in the admin section).
- Download the package with the newest version of Sell from Blog from the official WordPress.org repository
- Go to Plugins->Add new menu
- Upload tha plugin to your server and activate it
Configuration menu is at
Settings->Sell from Blog
- Sign up with a premium SMS service provider which will give you a package of codes for you to validate against.
- Enter the codes in the configuration panel, comma separated.
- Create a secret directory inside your WordPress installation, for exmaple `/secret32Dfk8lcDR/` and set it to be readable only by you and the web server (750, rwxr-x—)
- Put an empty index.html file inside the folder.
- Put your file inside the directory and make it readable only by you and the web server (640, rw-r—–)
- Put a `.htaccess` file into this directory, containing only this line: `deny from all` (if you are on a web server which does not support .htaccess, find othe way to block access to this directory from outside)
- Put the path to the file in the configuration panel, for example: `/secret32Dfk8lcDR/my-ebook.zip`
- It’s a good idea to compress your file beforehand
- Configure the confirmation message and the email message
- Write a sales page and put `[sell-from-blog]` shortcode wherever you want the form to appear.
- Remember to inform your buyers how to obtain the premium code, and to put a TOC of the premium sms service
- With which premium sms services does the plugin currently work with?
It works with every service which provides you with a set of codes and lets you check user input against them by yourself.
I tested it with:
- https://www.mobilepay.pl/ (pack)
- How many files can I sell at the same time through this plugin?
Currently, the plugin supports selling only one file at any given time. Therefore, it’s only good for people who have one ebook or program to sell on one blog.
- Does my package file have to be of a certain type?
No, it can be of any type (pdf, exe, zip, doc, etc.). But it is a good idea to compress it, because there are limits to the size of email messages (often a message must be less than 10MiB).
- Can I add my own codes to give away to my readers?
Yes, you can add your own custom (promotional) codes.
- Can you add support for remote validation of codes?
I will add support for remote validation in future versions. You can help by sending me links to technical data of your service provider.
- Which languages are supported?
- Polish (pl_PL)
This plugin is gettext-ready. You can easily translate it into your language.
Contributors & Developers
“Sell from Blog” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Last update – to bump it in the WP repos
- New version comming soon (as a separate plugin due to lack of compatibility
- Replaced mime_content_type for PHP 5.3+
- You can now ask people to let you use their email address for marketing purposes
- If you run out of codes the form will temporarily shut down until you replenish them
- Maintenance release
- Previous version did not upgrade the database automatically
- Sends notification to admin after each transaction (can be turned off)
- Additional data is saved to the database after each transaction (code, email, date, IP)
- A Dashboard widget shows you how many codes you have left and info on last 25 transactions
- Polish (pl_PL) translation added.
- Polish (pl_PL) translation added (error again).
- Polish (pl_PL) translation added (error).
- Localization ready.
- Localization tweaks.
- Something went wrong with 0.80 😉
- First public release.