Self Shortening URL for WordPress Blog. Is based on an article ID, page, category or tag and rewrite the wordpress permalink url in a much shorter form.
- One of these files, “wp-config.php” or “index.php”, must have write access, otherwise, shortened links will not work.
- Disabling plugin does not mean the loss of links, they will continue to function until the plugin code from in wp-config.php or index.php will be manually removed.
- Any other changes to the plugin can lead to malfunction or problems with the blog.
- Plugin programmer is not responsible for incompatibility with some blogs, or any version of WordPress.
- These folders should not exist in root blog: /i/ or /h/ or /z/ and also, there should be no page with slug name “z”, “h” or “i” … in 99% of cases should not be any problem.
- index.php is rewritten by an update of wordpress, so short-links will not work anymore. If wp-config.php is editable (and should be as usual), index.php is never be used.
- What can you change in the plugin ?
Not many, and which may change is already configured with the best option. You can change only the constant defined in _SELF_SHORT_URL_MODE, other changes are not necessary and not recommended.
Valid values are described below:
- 0 – is integer mode = real Post ID from wordpress database
- 1 – Base 16 Mode – the hexadecimal mode, meaning the post ID of wordpress is converted into base 16
- 2 – Extended Mode – Post ID value is transformed into letters and numbers, which is actually is base 36
For integer: INTEGER
Letters and Numbers (this is defaul mode, and the best)
- Can I change html style?
Yes, edit byrev_selft_short_url.php and change css style code from _SELF_SHORT_URL_STYLE constant.
- Can I change the name “Short URL” in another text?
Yes, edit byrev_selft_short_url.php and change text from _SELF_SHORT_URL_TITLE constant.
Pay attention to the syntax, one mistake can “ruin” the whole site design!
Contributors & Developers
“Self Shortening Permalink URL for WordPress Blog” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?