This plugin attaches a tooltip with a screenshot of the linktarget to every external link.
The screeshot service is provided by seekXL Snapr.
This service is located in Germany but can be used worldwide.
The plugin languages are at the moment english, german and italian. The plugin can be easily translated into other languages.
A few enhancments and changes were made to support all plugin functions.
Italian translation by Gianni Diurno (gidibao.net)
Download the plugin and extract the contents of the archive to the ‘wp-content/plugins’ directory.
After activating the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu, you will have a new menu entry ‘seekXL Snapr’ in your ‘settings’ menu.
Here you can change the plugin settings.
- How can I attach tooltips manually?
Activate the plugin and change the setting of ‘Show screenshots for all external links?’ to ‘No’
When you write a new post, change to the source view and to your link code e.g.
bla bla bla <a href="http://www.zyblog.de">External link to Zyblog</a> bla bla bla
is changed to
bla bla bla <a href="http://www.zyblog.de" size="M">External link to Zyblog</a> bla bla bla
Allowed values to mark your links are ‘T’, ‘S’, ‘M’, ‘L’
A size attribute added by hand will override the thumbnail size settings done on the plugin settings page.
- What about this Logo Key?
Most of the screenshotservices show default pictures, when the screenshots must be generated or could not be generated.
For this plugin the service of seekXL Snapr allows you to use your own picture as a replacement for the default picture.
That way is is possible to integrate the tooltips into your own design.
Contributors & Developers
“seekXL Snapr” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- More efficient JS generation
- ongoing code cleanup
- readme.txt updated
- fixed warnings in JS files
- changed directory names
- fixed deprecated function calls
- Tested with WP 2.8.4; reduced CSS file; updated admin options to up to date layout style
- Bugfix for IE7 issues, when IE7 not running in quirks mode
- translated to italian by Gianni Diurno
- plugin is upgraded to the new version of the SeekXL snapr tool
- the tooltipbox is now variable, as it will show up on free space in the browser window
- successfully tested with WordPress 2.6
- changed the manual markup of seekxl-snapr links the the original method of seekxl snapr (class=”seekxlsnaprM” is now size=M”)
- Internationalization: Plugin is now in english, but a german translation is included. The plugin can now be translated easily using poedit.
- Using a shrunk version of the bubble.js which saves about 900 bytes
- Successfully tested with WordPress 2.3
- Bugfix in bubble.js
- Initial release