Secure HTML5 Video Player
Secure HTML5 Video Player allows you to play HTML5 video on modern browsers. Videos can be served privately; pseudo-streamed from a secured directory
- Fixed a bug Youtube embeds failed to render because of failure to load the Youtube API.
- Fixed a bug where saving S3 link expiration time would not get saved if units were set in seconds.
- Fixed custom short code setting so that it can be properly set to something other than "video".
- Trimmed S3 setting strings to prevent a hard to track down key inconsistency that can arise from copy and pasting values.
- Fixed Settings links in plugin list to prevent spilling over to other plugin items.
- Recognizes Firefox support for MP4 video playback.
- Prioritizes MP4 video playback in the ordering of the video sources.
- Added option to set the preference between 2 video file caching options: symbolic-linking and hard-linking/copying.
- Optimized videos served over file cache using symbolic links.
- Added ability to preview videos in widget and metabox interfaces.
- Added ability to insert short codes into posts from the metabox interface.
- Fixed the link to the settings page from the plugin activation page.
- Removed unnecessary error logging.
- Added option to customize the video shortcode name.
- Fixed an issue where cached video files aren't updated if changed within the cache limit time.
- Added a FAQ for Amazon S3 configuration.
- Fixed a bug where OGV videos were not detected on Firefox browsers if there was no corresponding WEBM video.
- Added donation button.
- Optimized browser detection.
- Removed dependency on Flowplayer for Flash fallback.
- Added back fallback support for Firefox playback of MP4 videos using Flash.
- Added GPLv3 licensing info.
- Moved screenshots to the central plugin assets folder.
- Upgraded Flowplayer files to the latest version to resolve a security hole.
- Removed option for Flash fall back. Flash fall back now happens automatically, and only for IE 7 and 8.
- Added option to turn on controls in HTML5 video player for the native skin setting.
- Added Spanish language localization, courtesy of webhostinghub.com.
- Added ability to set the duration time for S3 media lifespan.
- Expanded the S3 server list for current Amazon S3 global regions. Note: The S3 server must be specified to the one that matches the region of the bucket.
- Added additional help text in the S3 settings tab.
- Added support for Amazon S3 (and compatible file services) for video file storage and secured video serving.
- Fixed an issue where uppercase file extension videos were not recognized.
- Optimized temporary value cache to use APC, if available.
- Fixed a typo in the help section.
- Made file caching an optional setting over the legacy pseudo streaming via PHP.
- Organized settings into tabs.
- Added option to always display video download links.
- Improved fallback behavior with native skin.
- Added support for organization of videos into folders for secured video files.
- Optimized storage of featured video meta data.
- Optimized videos so that they're served from cached directories and filenames. This dramatically improves the performance on hosting providers that limit the resources allocated to PHP scripts.
- Corrected compatibility problems with "W3 Total Cache".
- Removed warning messages printed when detecting the installation path in the control panel.
- Corrected an issue where the poster image was not restored after the video plays.
- Added support for media servers.
- Added support for external video services (Youtube and Vimeo) as primary or fallback media.
- Added a native skin option to use the default player interface in the browser.
- Added localization support.
- Corrected detection of files ending with: .theora.ogv
- Corrected autoplay support
- Corrected FAQ to adhere to WordPress.org's standards.
- Added support for playing videos in widgets.
- Added support for looping videos.
- Added screenshots.
- Added answers to frequently asked questions.
- Corrected script tag to be compliant to standards.
- Corrected flash fallback object tag for IE8 compatibility.
- Corrected a syntax error in the VideoJS skin: hu.css
Requires: 3.0 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.1.6
Last Updated: 2015-6-6
4.1 out of 5 stars
0 of 3 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?