If you are looking for a simple way to index the content of a long WordPress page or post, this plugin is your ticket.
Just like the “Content” quick-links on the right of every WordPress.org Codex page, this widget will automatically create a list of links to each header in the content of the pages you wish to index. You don’t need to create any anchor links for this to work.
By default, it also includes an on-page search form so that users can easily find anything on the page that is indexed.
The plugin is extremely light, unobtrusive and easy to use. It will only show up on sidebars of pages in which you use the [SIPC_Content] shortcode. This plugin will load jquery on pages that use the shortcode if you theme doesn’t already.
- Create simple FAQ pages without complex use of Custom Post Types.
- Make your long posts easier to reference.
- Leave a review to tell me how YOU used this plugin.
Available in Spanish and Serbian.
- I placed the widget in a sidebar but it won’t show up!
The widget is built to only show up on pages and posts for which the content has been surrounded by the [SIPC_Content] opening and closing shortcode tags as seen here:
All page / post content goes here.
Headers will be indexed and content will be searchable.
The reason being that you most likely only have a few pages or posts that are long enough to deserve an index. Wouldn’t it be annoying if this widget showed up on every page and post, even short ones with no headers?
- How does this plugin work? I used to manually create anchor links…
This is a great plugin, and much needed for those running site with lengthy post/page content. The index generation is smart! But the ability to query a single page, I feel, is the real value of this plugin. It would be significantly improved if it included the ability for user to see search results in linked list (like the index) and/or be able to jump through results on some kind of nav click.
Really looking forward to future development of this project and possible shortcode option for placement of index/search outside of widget!
Works great on a one page site with a very very long list of names and users will want to find their name in the list. Works like a dream
- Now includes translation in Spanish provided by Andrew Kurtis at http://WebHostingHub.com/
- Now includes translation in Serbian provided by Ogi Djuraskovic at http://FirstSiteGuide.com/
- Added Localization and .pot file to enable translations
- Bug fix of scrollTo
- Initial realease of the plugin
- Currently uses widget only, shortcode will be included in next version.