Foreword: SE KeyRanker Pro and Ultimate information available on the SE KeyRanker website.
Please visit our video tutorial here.
SE KeyRanker Free!/Pro is a WordPress plugin designed to sit on your dashboard and instantly return your websites position within search engines for specific searched keywords instead of tediously manually searching for them yourself. You simply add your keyword phrases of choice and SE KeyRanker does the rest. The results can be auto-saved daily and even exported for comparison. Find your ranking positions on popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask.com and Yebol.
- Quick website position return results
- Auto-save or manual save option
- All localizations available for various Search Engines
- Data saving and exporting
- Data analysis
Visit the official SE KeyRanker site for the feature comparison table between Free! and Pro, purchase of SE KeyRanker Pro or information on SE KeyRanker Ultimate.
SE KeyRanker Pro exclusive features:
- Yahoo, Bing, Ask.com and Yebol as additional search engine options.
- Unlimited keywords.
- Priority technical support.
- Compatible with SE KeyRanker Ultimate.
NB: Please note that screenshots, changelog and FAQ displayed here apply only to the Free! version of SE KeyRanker.
NB: Please note that you must uninstall SE KeyRanker Free! before installing to SE KeyRanker Pro.
- Upload by going to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload
- Activate under Plugins -> Plugins
Below is a basic tutorial on using SE KeyRanker Free!/Pro. Alternatively you can view our video tutorial here.
- Click on menu title SE KeyRanker on the left in your wordpress admin.
- The Keyword Management will open, simply add your keyword phrases and submit. Please note that you can click on the X next to each keyword to delete them.
- In the SE KeyRanker menu selection, click on settings.
- Click Localization within the Google box.
- Tick the boxes of the Localization options you wish to use and then click save. We recommend .com to start with.
- Click on your dashboard and click Refresh to see your results in the SE KeyRanker box!
- What is the number next to the localization?
The number displayed is the position your site returned in the search rankings for your specific keyword.
- I changed a setting but see no change?
After adjusting any settings you’ll need to click the refresh button found under your results on the dashboard.
- My site placement is different in my browser than to SE KeyRankers results, what’s broken?
Nothing is broken. Aside from localization selection, where your site is hosted determines what data centre will be used to return the results. Therefore you may notice a slight difference in results when using other methods to check your rankings.
- Why are my results displayed as N/A?
If your site isn’t within the first 100 results for your select keyword the result returns N/A – Not Available. Also please note that if you record your data and view your keyword average, N/A recordings are ignored.
- How many localization domains can I add at once?
No limit is currently placed on how many domains can be placed but it’s recommended to use localization settings sparingly to avoid long load times or being temporary blocked by Google for too many searches.
- How many keywords can I add?
SE KeyRanker Free! is currently limited to only three keywords.
- What happens to my saved data if I delete a keyword?
Deleting a keyword deletes all recorded data for that phrase. Be sure to export before removing a keyword!
- Help! It tells me Google has blocked me! What’s happening?
In the event your results have been blocked by Google, please bear in mind this is not a limitation of the plugin but a security measure by Google that is unavoidable.
The reasons you might have been temporary blocked can be any of the following:
- Too many localizations selected.
- You’ve clicked refresh too often.
- You have too many sites hosted on the same ip address all using SE KeyRanker to refresh within a short timeframe.
Please be aware that there is no long term penality for this temporary block but we recommend the following:
- Avoid more than 4 Google Localizations at a time.
- Don’t click refresh repeatedly non-stop, your results won’t differ second to second.
- If you have many sites on the same ip domain, install SE KeyRanker at different intervals to spread out your auto-refresh timer.
Contributors & Developers
“SE KeyRanker Free!” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Rank change is now indicated by red for loss, green for gain, black for no change.
- Drastic performance increase in result returning.
- Help/About section updated with crucial information.
- Auto-Refresh and Auto-Save set from daily to weekly.
- Results returned now as a single number representing your site position.
- Added notification if your search results have been temporary blocked by Google (see Help/About for explanation).
- Fixed the major Save Data/Refresh bug mentioned in 1.1.4 properly this time. We apologize for the inconvenience!
- Fixed View Data not displaying results for those keywords that have any N/A localizations.
- Save Data/Auto Save only saved first localization result per keyword, this is now fixed.
- Adjusted code to skip having to select and save Google as your search engine choice (since there’s only one anyway)
- Fixed major bug causing temp data not to save thus rendering Save Data and Refresh useless.
- Fixed bug causing files not to save when attempting to Export Data with a download manager.
- Fixed major bug with crashing when loading results for the first time.
- Updated Help/About with usage instructions and website link.
- Added caching for performance improvement.
- Added refresh button for manual reloading.
- Export now works correctly.