Do your users leave their Email IDs in their comments and you want to prevent that? Well, then this plugin is pefect for you!
The plugin filters your blog’s comments and bbPress forum posts for email IDs and converts them into Scr.im links so that your users’ email IDs do not get picked up by bots and they receive less (if not zero) spam.
Nothing for now
You may donate by going here.
You may either install the plugin via the in-built installer in WordPress or follow the manual method below:
- Upload the extracted
scrim-email-saverfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- 1. What is Scr.im?
You may read more about Scr.im on its about page.
- 2. How do I change the Email addresses for the comments or bbPress posts that have been already posted?
Well, there is really no method, but you may edit the comment or bbPress post which has email IDs, and then click update (even without editing anything) – this would make the plugin run its email ID search on that content again.
- 3. If I disable the plugin, will all the scr.im URLs vanish?
You may also read some questions on the scr.im’s FAQ page.
Contributors & Developers
“Scr.im Email Saver” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated to make it work with the new scr.im API.
- Now works with bbPress too!
- Initial Release