The Schemeable Sliding Panel plugin adds a smooth sliding panel to your blog. The panel can be fully configured through the ‘Sliding Panel Options’ menu page.
- 3 different ways of displaying the panel – Overlay over content, slide down or fixed
- Modify all aspects of the panel – fonts, colors, background images, text displayed etc.
- Use the panel for login/registration
- Display either a dashboard or static content for logged-in users
- Disable admin bar and standard login/register and lost password pages. This may help reducing spam-bot registrations.
- Save color schemes and export them as plugins that can be shared with others
- Use a static dashboard for both logged-in and logged-out users.
- Gain fine grained control by including your own CSS (and images)
- Integrates nicely with WordPress Social Login.
This plugin is developed using WpPDE Pro – a Plugin Development Environment for WordPress Plugins.
This plugin is based on the awesome (though a bit dated) panel from http://web-kreation.com/all/implement-a-nice-clean-jquery-sliding-panel-in-wordpress-27/. Quite a bit of refactoring is done to include scheme modification functionality.
Upload the Schemeable Sliding Panel plugin to your blog, activate it and modify the settings.
- Why not widgetize the panel area
My immediate need is for a login/registration panel for visitors and display dashboard for admin and static content for all other logged in users. I couldn’t find a neat way of getting this done using widgets. That said, a new version should include widgetized dashboard area.
- What is the advantage of disabling the standard login/registration forms?
This not a sure way, but it goes some distancing in avoiding spambot registrations.
- How do I display a different login/registration form other than the default?
You can change what is displayed in the login panel by adding shortcodes. For overriding the first/introduction/social-login add a shortcode ‘sliding-panel-login-intro’. For overdiding the login form use ‘sliding-panel-login-form’ and ‘sliding-panel-register-form’ for overriding the registration form.
Contributors & Developers
“Schemeable Sliding Panel” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed: green-meadows scheme
- Fixed: When uploads folder is not available, failure of mkdir() logging in css causing invalid CSS.
- Added support for sliding-panel-login-intro, sliding-panel-login-form and sliding-panel-register-form shortcodes for overriding the default content in the login panel.
- Fixed minor bugs.