This plugin offers your visitors a one-click translation of your posts and pages. The options for translation depends on the base language of your blog.
The plugin translates posts and pages from:
- Danish to English and Norwegian
- Swedish to English, Danish and Norwegian
- English to Danish and Norwegian
The plugin inserts links to translations after each post or in the sidebar. On the administration page you choose the base language and one or more languages to offer translations to. And you choose to open the translation in a new window or in the same window.
The links for translation is inserted in a new line after the post. The links are encapsulated in <div class=”scantrans”></div>. You can edit the layout of the links by making a style for the scantrans class in your style sheet.
You can choose text or flag icons for links.
The translation is performed by gramtrans.com.
- Delete earlier versions of Scandinavian Translator from your wp-content/plugins directory. Earlier versions is either the file scantranslator10.php or the directory scandinavian-translator;
- Copy the plugin directory scandinavian-translator including all files to your wp-content/plugins directory;
- Access the WordPress administrator interface;
- Click the Plugins tab;
- Activate the Scandinavian Translator plugin;
- Click the Options tab;
- Click the Scandinavian Translator subtab;
- Choose your settings and click Save.
GramTrans.com doesn’t render the page correct.
You might get problems if you use scripts in your posts. Solution: Use scripts with caution and allways check the output. Gramtrans.com doesn’t allways work well with Google AdSense.
Contributors & Developers
“Scandinavian Translator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors