I recommend against using this plugin with the WordPress Visual Editor, as I have not tested it with the visual editor, and will not support the use of the plugin through the Visual Editor.
Nice features of SBD Aside include:
- HTML 5 Support. SBD Aside uses the HTML 5 semantic tag
<aside>to play well with search engines and content aggregators.
- Choose left or right placement on the page.
- Choose expanded (“open”) style, or collapsible.
- collapsible ones like on the top right of this page can be collapsed or expanded by the reader as required.
- Choose round corners or square cut.
- Choose background colour.
- Choose width in pixels or percent.
- Choose from one of two caption underline styles.
- Display a caption
- All of the above options/settings are optional. Define your own defaults in the plugin’s setting page.
- The styling for the aside is compact, with a small font and low margins. This minimises space disruption to the main article.
- Deactivate any other plugin that uses the
sbd-asidefolder and its 3 files (
sbd-aside.css) to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress