Do you want to display RSS Feeds from other websites into your website?
I have created this plugin to meet your needs. This help in getting your site automatically
updated in line with the other website. This extension helps to read contents of RSS/news
feeds and display them on your webpage.You just need to insert the feed URLs of the relevant websites
on the webpage where you want to display them after you install this plugin. This plugin support .xml and .rss feeds.
This plugin is very easy to install. Main steps include:
- Install and activate the plugin
- Enter the shortcode or widget where you want to display the feeds (post, page, sidebars or footer)
- Can display multiple rss feeds in a single page
You can also display RSS feeds in the lightbox as well.
- Show / Hide heading
- Show / Hide title, creation date and description
- Show / Hide thumbnails
- Hyperlink / Unlink the title
- Enable/disable pagination
- Show / Hide ‘read more’ link
It is possible to customise the display features to sync with the look and feel of your website. The customisation features include:
- can set the height and width of News/RSS display
- can set border colour, background colour and border width to the content area
- can set heading font size and colour
- can set title font size and colour
- can set description font size and colour
- can set read more font size and colour
- can set creation date font size and colour
- Download the zip file .
- Login to wordpress admin area.
- select plugin -> add new
uploadfrom top menu on the page.
browseand select the zip file.
- click ‘install now’
activate the plugin
- Go to the webpage where you want to display the RSS Feed/News Feed and enter
[pearl_rss_feed_parser_display rss_url= full_rss_url]
- Can I change customise the news feed to match with my website?
Yes you can customise it from the backend.
- Can I display news feed from two websites in one webpage?
Yes it is possible .You should include the plugin shortcode two times as shown below. [pearl_rss_feed_parser_display rss_url= full_rss_url1] [pearl_rss_feed_parser_display rss_url= full_rss_url2]
- Can I display news feed in lightbox?
Yes it is possible .You should include the plugin shortcode as shown below. [pearl_rss_feed_parser_display rss_url= full_rss_url1 lightbox=’yes’]
It’s a shame because it had a lot of promise.
I tried to use this plugin with a wordpress 4.3.1 installation, using the Virtue Premium theme on our webshop.
Somehow the category icons showed up blank (they were loaded invisibly)
Unfortunately I only found out about it a half day later.
After deactivation of the plugin, it went back to the normal situation.
I’m not sure what caused this situation.
Great Plugin and great service. I did not know how to do something and the developer helped me quickly. I really suggest you this plugin.
Easy to use and great costumer service.
Simple Implementation . Well documented.
Contributors & Developers
“Display RSS Feed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tested 4.2.2
- Changed the file structure
- Second Release
- Initial Release