RPS Sitemap Generator is a simple, lightweight XML sitemap generator designed with the end-user in mind. It provides a familiar interface for viewing new or updated posts and making last minute changes before updating your sitemap. The plugin is multisite compatible, with each blog in your network having its own unique sitemap). RPS Sitemap Generator provides the bare-bone essentials for generating and updating a sitemap on your site.
*To update your sitemap
After installing and activating the plugin, a new menu item will appear under Tools labeled Sitemap Generator (you must have import access to see it). Visit the Sitemap Generator tool and click either “Generate Sitemap” if you’ve yet to generate one, or “Update Sitemap” if you have. A fresh sitemap will be generated at the location you specified in your sitemap options (/sitemap.xml by default).
*Sitemap Elements Used
Option to exclude individual posts or pages from your sitemap.
Change your sitemap’s location with a custom path (relative to your WordPress installation directory).
- Upload the
rps-sitemap-generatordirectory and its containing files to the
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“RPS Sitemap Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed issue where post data as array causes warning to be thrown since string is expected. Replaced stripslashes with stripslashes_deep.
- Quiet notice for variable not being set.
- Fixed a bug that would cause sitemap generation to fail if your FTP user did not have document root access. As a result, your sitemap location is now relative to your WordPress installation directory as opposed to your document root.
- First official release version.