This addon shows the status of a server (shard) of the MMORPG Rift. It shows if the server is online, population (low/medium/high/full), queue size, language and so on.
I’m currently unsure how to “stlye” the information, for now most text is encapsulated with “spans” to make it possible to change the attributes via css. An example is included and can be deactivated in the settings. You can then copy the css into your own stylesheet and adapt it without the fear that they get overwritten the next update. If you create something cool, I would like to include it into this plugin, if it is not too site specific. Just contact me on the wordpress page.
If the plugin isn’t available in your language, please help with the translation, check the FAQ for more information.
No restrictions so farm that I’m aware of. If you find out Rift Shard Status doesn’t work with another addon, please contact me.
- Can I use this addon without the widget?
Well, you can add something like the following in your themes code:
- Rift Shard Status isn’t available in my language. Can you add $LANG to the translations?
Chances are very good that I don’t speak $LANG well enough to translate the plugin myself. But you can help translating it into your language. Download the translation file from https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/rift-shard-status/trunk/i18n/rift_shard_status.pot and translate the strings there. You can do this with a text editor or special tools.
You can find guides about translations all over google, for example: http://forums.lesterchan.net/index.php?topic=108.0
- I’m trying to use a translated version, but it always shows the wrong language
If the plugin isn’t translated into your language yet, it will always show English strings.
If you know the plugin is translated into your language, but it still only shows in English, check that your blog is set up for another language: https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language
- fix for the new status URL that came with the new f2p site
- a release after over 18 month to update the shown compatibility version
- added the possibility to translate the plugin. If you want to translate the addon into your language, please take a look at i18n/rift_shard_status.pot and contact me with the results. Thanks!
- added German translation.
- fixed a small bug with the last update time.
- fixed an embarrassing bug that showed all servers as PvP/RP…
- brought a little bit of color into the plugin. Change the CSS to your liking.
- First public release
- Fidling around