This plugin adds a column to the Edit Pages screen in the Dashboard which displays the Page Template filename assigned to each Page. This gives you an at-a-glance overview of the Page Templates assigned to Pages, without having to open each Page to find out. The new column is sortable too!
This is a very simple plugin. Just install, activate and forget about it.
Either use the WordPress Plugin Installer (Dashboard > Plugins > Add New, then search for “custom taxonomies menu widget”), or manually as follows:
- Download the latest version of the plugin to your computer.
- Extract and upload the folder reveal-page-templates to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Please ensure that you do not rename any folder or filenames in the process.
- Activate the plugin in your Dashboard via the “Plugins” menu.
Note for WordPress Multisite users:
- Install the plugin in your /plugins/ directory (do not install in the /mu-plugins/ directory).
- In order for this plugin to be visible to blog owners, the plugin has to be activated for each blog by the Site Administrator.
Upgrading from a previous version
You can use the WordPress Automatic Plugin upgrade link in the Dashboard Plugins menu to automatically upgrade the plugin.
- What does it do?
Exactly what it says on the tin – it reveals which Page is using which Page Template file. The plugin adds a column to the Edit Pages Dashboard screen, which displays the Page Template filename assigned to each Page.
- Where can I get Support?
Further information about using the plugin can be found in the plugin’s Home Page.
If, having read the information linked to above, you cannot solve your issue, or if you find a bug, you can post a message on the plugin’s Support Forum.
Support is provided in my free time but every effort will be made to respond to support queries as quickly as possible.
- Can I Donate?
Yes, of course you can! You can find a link here. Thanks!
- License and Disclaimer
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License 2 as published by
the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
The license for this software can be found here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Thanks for downloading the plugin. Enjoy!
Contributors & Developers
“Reveal Page Templates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Released 1 April 2015
- Enhance: Fixed I18n coding to meet WP 3.7+ standards
- Enhance: SGR_RPT_DOMAIN constant deprecated
- Enhance: Merged old WPMU code with main code
- Readme.txt updated 1 April 2013
- Released 5 July 2011
- Feature: Reveal Template column is now sortable
- Enhance: Cleaned up some code in older functions
- Released 16 November 2010
- Bug fix: Added is_admin() check for loading actions/hooks
- Released 27 January 2010
- Bug fix: SGR_RPT_FILE_NAME constant now properly defined.
- Public release 14 December 2009