This plugin is an add-on for Restrict Content Pro, a complete subscription and premium content manager plugin for WordPress.
Once activated, this plugin will provide a new menu item under the Restrict menu called CSV Import.
See the CSV User Import documentation for information on how to use this plugin.
Note: this plugin should be able to handle the importation of a few thousands users at a time, but if you have more than 5,000 (or if you are having problems with server timeouts), you will want to consider creating a custom shell script to import the users in batches.
- Upload rcp-user-import to wp-content/plugins
- Click “Activate” in the WordPress plugins menu
- Go to Restrict > CSV Import and follow directions
Contributors & Developers
“Restrict Content Pro – CSV User Import” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Only allow CSV files to be selected during import.
- Load the DatePicker styles on the import page.
- Add the $user object to the rcp_user_import_user_added action.
- Cleaned up and documented the code.
- Fixed an issue with updating existing members
- User update_user_meta() instead of add_user_meta()
- Properly esc the select element
- Improved the CSV import process to make it far more reliable.
- Added support for updating existing user accounts by passing the user ID to an “ID” column
- Added a new rcp_user_import_user_added hook that runs after each user is created
- Added support for subscription user roles
- Initial Release