Release date: 26th February 2015
- [Update] After reports of the plugin resizing PDF files, added check to ensure the plugin only attempts a resize on JPEG, GIF, and PNG file types other than relying on the response from WP_Image_Editor.
This is a major under-the-hood release to change core workings of the plugin. The plugin still functions as normal, but the way in which it resizes images has now changed to use standard WordPress libraries. This means that should your server have better image processing libraries than the GD default (e.g. ImageMagick), then the resizing method should make use of them. This should improve the output of your resized images!
- [Update] Plugin completely re-engineered to use WP_Image_Editor when resizing images.
Minor maintenance release:
- [Fix] Correcting an error in the documentation.
Fix a few edge case bugs, I go and break the main functionality - that's life! This is a maintenance release to fix a bug.
- [Fix] Correct the logic behind which direction to perform resizing in.
This is a major maintenance release to squash a few long outstanding bugs.
- [Update] Tidied up the plugin settings page.
- [Fix] Significant number of bug fixes through extensive testing.
- [Fix] Resizing wasn't running on square images.
- [FIX] Media upload was failing for BMP images.
- [Fix] Replaced use of deprecated PHP functions with correct ones.
- [Added] Ability to force re-compression even if resize is not required.
- [Fix] Compression quality value was not adhered to.
- [Update] Added ability to enter a resize value of zero (0) to prevent resizing in a particular dimension.
- [Fix] Reverting code back to how it was in v1.3.0 after previous premature deployment of v1.4.0. Please use this version.
- [Error] Code was deployed prematurely and should not have made its way to the live repository. Please do NOT use this version.
- [Update] Added ability to set the JPEG compression quality level when JPEGs are resized. Default is 90.
- [Update] Now only runs images through the resizer if required, i.e. the image is actually larger than the max height/width.
- [Fix] Corrected functionality that sets default plugin options if the plugin version number changes.
- [Fix] Adds default option for max-height value.
- [Update] Updated the screenshot to include new maximum height field.
- [Update] Increased the default maximum height and width to 1200px each.
- [Update] Added ability to set maximum height (thanks @Wonderm00n).
- [Update] Update to read me, no feature updates unfortunately.