This plugin is basically just a little improvement of Resize-At-Upload, a fabulous plugin by A. Huizinga.
The plugin will automatically resize an image upon upload, depending on the maximum width and height that you define. Gone are the days when you, or your client, will ruin a site’s layout by uploading a huge file with 25 megapixels.
Be advised: there is no backup, no copy of the originally uploaded image.
The plugin uses a class originally from Jacob Wyke (www.redvodkajelly.com).
- download and unzip
- upload the ‘resize-at-upload-plus’ directory to yoursite/wp-content/plugins
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Make your settings through the ‘Settings’ menu in WordPress
- Upload images while writing posts and pages.
There are none (for now).
Thanks for this great and handy plugin!
Contributors & Developers
“Resize at Upload Plus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
September 23, 2012 – Version 1.3
fixed issue with capabilities, thanks to Daniele in this post:
I thought this plugin was dead but it’s nice to see it still being used (or downloaded, at least) regularly.
Donations are appreciated, so if you use this plugin, show your support.
January 31, 2009 – Version 1.1
- Anton updated the resize class to make use of GD2, which resamples images and not only resizes them, giving better results.
January 17, 2009 – Version 1.0
- Took a perfect plugin called Resize-At-Upload and added another option to it