For a better SEO, it is said that the URLs must give information about the content of the web page. Because of this most people uses pretty URLs in wordpress with the permalink options. But the post slug in the URL is generated from the title of the post, and some times this slug is too long because we don’t remove the stopwords, common words without an important meaning, that don’t add anything significant to the URL.
This plugin removes the stopwords from the URLs for better SEO optimization of your blog and for making better and smaller URLs. You can set the stopwords through the `Plugins’ menu in WordPress wp-admin.
- You have set the next stopwords: a, an, the, i, you, he, she, we, they, of
- You write a post called: Review of the Google Chrome Browser
- The normal post slug would be: review-of-the-google-chrome-browser
- But the optimized slug is: review-google-chrome-browser
All configuration is done through wp-admin. No code editing is necessary.
- I want to force an stopword to appear in the URL. How can I do it?
You must remove it from the list or uninstall the plugin temporaly.
- Where can I find stopwords of my language?
We have samples in some languages, if you have another one, send it to us please.