How to add Related Posts with shortcode?
Everything you need is to place the code [bws_related_posts] into the page or post.
I placed shortcode [bws_related_posts] in text widget and it doesn't work
You don't need to use shortcode in widget - Related Posts Plugin has it's own widget. You just need to drag it into the wigdet area.
What does mean radio buttons Category, Tags, Title & Key on the settings page?
Depending of your choise plugin display related post:
- if you select option Category - related post will display by similar words in categories;
- if you select option Tags related post will display by similar words in tags;
- if you select option Title related post will display by similar words in title of the posts and pages;
- if you select option Meta Key related post will display by meta key.
I choosed Meta Key in the settings, but it diplayes nothing
After you choosed "Meta Key" you should do follow:
- go to the "All posts";
- choose post which you want to display by our plugin;
- click "edit";
- bellow the form of post, you will see the next field: "Check 'Key' if you want to display this post with Related Posts Plugin";
- check the radio button "Key";
- save the post;
- repeat all this step for each post you want to display as related.
I have some problems with the plugin's work. What Information should I provide to receive proper support?
Please make sure that the problem hasn't been discussed yet on our forum (http://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem's description:
- the link to the page where the problem occurs
- the name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version - your order number.
- the version of your WordPress installation
- copy and paste into the message your system status report. Please read more here: Instuction on System Status