Helps your blog detect where the user comes from and automatically displays the corresponding greetings.
<?php if (function_exists('referrer_detector')) referrer_detector(); ?>) into the template to show the greet box anywhere of choice.
1. Add Bing and BuySellAds entries. You can either reset the entries or create on your own using the new icons inside referrer-detector/images/icons/ directory
1. Deleting the plugin now removes all options and data - Don't try it ;)
1. Several fixes and enhancements
* 184.108.40.206 Raise compatibility
1. Added an option to display the welcome box in light box style
1. Fixed several IE bugs
1. Welcome box CSS rewritten
1. Added ability to optionally display related posts
* 4.0.1 - A hot fix attempting to fix allow_call_time_pass_reference problem
1. Completely rewritten code - now optimized OOP
1. Data are now stored in database for better security
1. Introduced the ability to backup entries, excluded URLs, options (you can choose from these 3)
1. Introduced the ability to add localized messages to welcome user visiting from different countries.
1. STATs reporting is now using Google Chart
1. Introduced Bulk Actions
1. Supported wildcard (asterisk character) in both referrers and excluded URLs, for example google.* matches all Google domains.
1. Introduced the ability to merge several URLs into one entry, seperated by commas. For example: del.icio.us,delicious.com
1. The greeting box can now be place BOTH before and after a post.
1. Some minor graphic changes and bug fixes.
* 3.0.2 Made a mistake in 3.0.1
* 3.0.1 Fixed the bug that made the home page XHTML invalid
* 3.0 Added the Stats panel. Now the plugin can show (customizable) stats of visits from different referrers from time to time.
* 2.2 Added ability to include search terms into the greet box. Supports almost all common search engines.
* 2.1.1 A small fixed on form serialization and a (possible) security flaw.
* 2.1 A minor release, introducing the ability to restore the entries to default.
* 2.0 Second major release, which has some important changes:
1. A much much clearer admin interface with tabs, along with some enhancements.
1. An option to not show the greeting box for visitors that come from specified URLs ("excluded" ones), for example Google Reader. The list can be edited easily via admin panel.
1. Users can now put a tag (
<?php if (function_exists('referrer_detector')) referrer_detector(); ?>) into the template to show the greet box.
* 1.2 Several important fixes and improvements.
1. Fixed the bug when multiple greet boxes are shown if the page is filled with multipe full posts (such as homepage).
1. Fixed the bug in the initial SQL data where the default RSS feed url is set to mine (tooo bad I forgot to check it).
1. Update the installation and FAQ section.
1. And some little stuffs...
* 1.1 Better support to work with cache plugins. Now the generic options take effect without the need to delete the cache.
* 1.0.1 A quick fix for caching problem (if cache is enabled and the first user has no referrer, the plugin will fail).
* 1.0 Initial version
Requires: 2.2 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.2.1
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Active Installs: 300+
Got something to say? Need help?