What is Recipes Writer?
Recipes Writer is our own WordPress plugin to write standardized recipes. It’s easy, intuitive and secure – we are saving your recipes to your database, so as long as you backup your database, you won’t lose anything!
Why did we developed the plugin?
We were tired of being limited. We were tired of losing recipes because a post got deleted or wrongly modified. We wanted something more streamlined and workflow oriented. Sounds too familiar? Read on.
- Standardized measurements and temperature indicator: set them up in the options panel before you begin writing recipes and never change them again.
- Add any number of recipes in one post: we are using WordPress shortcodes!
- Use the same recipes in multiple posts: if you modify it in your recipes list, it’s modified everywhere.
- Use recipes categories and cuisines to your liking: once setup in the options panel, they appear in a drop down box when you are writing a recipe. Made a typo? Modify the category or the cuisine and it gets modified everywhere on your blog.
- Create templates: if you know a little bit of HTML and CSS coding, you can create your own templates for displaying and printing recipes by using our template tags.
- Reorder ingredients and instructions easily: if you noticed you mixed up the order of your ingredients or your instructions, you can just drag and drop them in the right order in the editor. No need to cut and paste text.
- Labels: if you have multiple sections to your recipe (ie: salad and dressing), you can add a label in your ingredients and instructions to tell the visitor which part is which.
- Schema.org’s recipes compliant: your recipes will be displayed with a picture and any important information using Google Rich Snippets.
- Recipes rating: our plugin implement a rating system therefore your visitors can rate your recipes.
- Forever free: we will never charge for Recipes Writer. Ever.