This plugin displays a list of links to recently modified items in any WordPress widget area.
- Download recently-updated-pages-and-posts.zip
- Decompress the file contents
- Upload the recently-updated-pages-and-posts folder to a WordPress plugins directory (/wp-content/plugins)
- Activate the plugin from the Administration Dashboard
- Open the Widgets page under the Appearance section
- Drag the widget to an active sidebar
- Need help? Have a suggestion?
There’s a saying that well written clean code will always work.
This plugin is just such a case in point.
Last updated over 4 years ago but it works 100% perfect on WordPress 4.5.2.
I needed a very simple widget to show my last updated posts on the frontpage in a widget and it does just that … and it does it perfectly too.
A perfect little widget to let search engines know which of your content is no longer stale anymore.
Thank you !!!
Contributors & Developers
“Recently updated pages and posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Shrunk the code by introducing wp_trim_words instead of my own function
- Removed original post date from display that was introduced with the last update
- Fixed 0 word excerpt length so no excerpts can be shown
- Upgraded code to use 2.8 Widget API
- Added option to control custom excerpt length
- Added element ID attributes to promote the use of CSS
- Customizable title and number of items to show
- First build