This plugin displays a list of links to recently modified items in any WordPress widget area.
- Download recently-updated-pages-and-posts.zip
- Decompress the file contents
- Upload the recently-updated-pages-and-posts folder to a WordPress plugins directory (/wp-content/plugins)
- Activate the plugin from the Administration Dashboard
- Open the Widgets page under the Appearance section
- Drag the widget to an active sidebar
Need help? Have a suggestion?
September 3, 2016
There's a saying that well written clean code will always work. This plugin is just such a case in point. Last updated over 4 years ago but it works 100% perfect on Wordpress 4.5.2. I needed a very simple widget to show my last updated posts on the frontpage in a widget and it does just that ... and it does it perfectly too. A perfect little widget to let search engines know which of your content is no longer stale anymore. Thank you !!!
Contributors & Developers
“Recently Updated Pages and Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Recently Updated Pages and Posts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- [Fixed] Provides default values for post count and word count settings. Avoids producing warnings when the widget is used without these setting values.
- [Fixed] Fixes the post query arguments array such that pages are not excluded from the request.
- [Changed] Bumps tested up to version number to 5.9.3.
- [Fixed] Stop calling a named constructor in the WP_Widget parent class, use __construct() instead
- [Changed] Bumps tested up to version number to 5.9.2
- [Added] Adds a text domain and makes all strings translatable
- [Fixed] Now specifies post types of
pagewhen querying posts
- [Changed] Implements semantic version numbers starting with 1.0.0
- [Changed] Changes tested up to version number to 5.9.0
- Shrunk the code by introducing wp_trim_words instead of my own function
- Removed original post date from display that was introduced with the last update
- Fixed 0 word excerpt length so no excerpts can be shown
- Upgraded code to use 2.8 Widget API
- Added option to control custom excerpt length
- Added element ID attributes to promote the use of CSS
- Customizable title and number of items to show
- First build