Recent Comments with Gravatar is a WordPress widget that does the same thing with the standard Recent Comments widget in WordPress >2.8 with additional gravatar images and different formatting for author comments. The gravatar image is displayed along with the comment and the author link, so it will be easier for us to identify the author. With this additional features, the Recent Comments Gravatar should make your blog more colorful.
Also recently added: the timestamp of the comment in the form of how long the comment has been approved. For example: 1 minute ago, 2 hours ago, 3 days ago, 4 weeks ago, etc. This timestamp format should be more suitable to the context of recent comments.
In the Appearance -> Widgets in WordPress 2.8 or newer you’ll find the Recent Comments with Gravatar widget. After adding it to your sidebar you can enter a title for the Widget, and all settings required for this widget to work properly.
- Upload the ‘recent-comments-gravatar’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Appearance -> Widget -> Recent Comments with Gravatar, drag and drop it to sidebar area, and start entering your info.
- Deactivate Recent Comments with Gravatar in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- After Deactivation a ‘Delete’ link appears below the plugin name, follow the link and confim with ‘Yes, Delete these files’.
- This will delete all the plugin files from the server as well as erasing all options the plugin has stored in the database.
Please visit Recent Comments with Gravatar’ Comments for questions and answers.
Contributors & Developers
“Recent Comments with Gravatar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
Version 1.2 – 17 June 2009
- Adds feature: Comment timestamp
Version 1.1 – 14 June 2009
- Adds feature: Show in Post and Show in Page
Version 1.0 – 10 June 2009
- Initial Release