Once the widget is added to your sidebar you may easily configure it to provide a display of recent comments with comment author avatars. The options are:
- The title of the widget.
- Limit the number of comments to shown (1 to 15).
- Option to display the avatar of the comment author, or not.
- Set the size of the avatar.
- Chose to have the comment author’s URL (if given) open in a new window,
- Show the date of the comment, or not.
- Set the format of the date.
- Set the size (as a fraction of the normal text size) of the date string.
- Show an excerpt from the comment.
- Convert smilies in the excerpt.
- Show a country flag indicating the source of the comment, requires MySQL database modifications, see below.
- Show a country flag in main comment loops, non-widget, requires theme and MySQL database modifications, see below.
The style of the output may be controlled with simple CSS rules that need to be included in your
styles.css template file.
The container (i.e.
<table>) has the id recentcomments (use CSS
List items (i.e.
<li>) have the class recentcomments (use CSS