This plugin creates a widget similar to the default recent comments widget. Instead of the format “username on post title,” the widget will display “username said comment excerpt.”
Choose whether or not to include admin user comments.
Customize the character length of the comment excerpt.
- Download recent-comments-widget-with-excerpts.zip
- Decompress the file contents
- Upload the recent-comments-widget-with-excerpts folder to a WordPress plugins directory (/wp-content/plugins)
- Activate the plugin from the Administration Dashboard
- Open the Widgets page under the Appearance section
- Drag the widget to an active sidebar
- Need help? Have a suggestion?
Contributors & Developers
“Recent comments widget with excerpts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed a bug that broke the options
- Allow up to 150 comments instead of 15
- Now using mb_substr instead of substr (for international characters)
- Apply comment filters and strip tags to comment output
- Choose whether or not to include comments by the admin user
- Added an option to control the maximum length of comment excerpts
- Stop showing ellipsis if the comment length is not long enough to be trimmed by the widget
- First build