For more info visit plugin homepage
Areas of the page where you can insert code:
- Header (between ‘head’ tags)
- Footer (bottom of the page)
- Before page content (before main WP loop)
- After page content (after main WP loop)
- Before post content
- After post excerpt (after ‘more’ tag)
- After post content
- Manual. Place function, which displays code, directly in your theme file(s)
Widget. Allows you to create custom widgets
Shortcode. Allows you to create custom shortcodes. Since version 2.3.0 added ability to insert shortcodes in comments
- Insert on pages – here you can select pages where you code CAN BE shown.
- Exclude pages – pages where you code CAN NOT be shown.
- Hide from user – allows to hide code from specified user groups/roles.
Custom taxonomypages are available since version 2.0.0.
Custom Post Typepages – version 2.0.0
Post formats– version 2.1.0.
Custom Post Type Archivepages – version 2.2.0
- Priority number – determines display order of the Inserts placed in the same location.
- Align – allows you to set horizontal align for inserted code. Useful for aligning Google AdSense blocks.
Thanks for this great plugin. Should be standard on WP. Greets, Patrick. - http://ntown.at
I've used this for a few years now but only recently realized how much I've underutilized what all it can really do! You can basically create chunks of code (even shortcodes) and choose which page and where you want it to automatically go. I hope I can use this for many more years to come.
- ZeroClipboard updated to version 1.1.7. This version fixes vulnerability described here.
- Added ability to insert shortcodes in comments. Option must be enabled in Code Insert Manager -> Settings page
- Added support for Custom Post Type Archive pages
- Fixed small bug with Opera multiple select
- Added Italian translation
- Fixed conflict with Find and replace plugin
- Added German translation
Post Formatsare now available for page filters
- To admin page added search form and capability to filter table by status (Active/Disabled)
- Plugin renamed to
Code Insert Manager
- Added support for
custom post types(support for each post type must be enabled on plugin settings page)
- Added support for
custom taxonomies(support for each taxonomy must be enabled on plugin settings page)
- Added new insert location –
After post excerpt
Hide from adminoption is upgraded to
Hide from user. Now you can specify any user group, not only Administrator. Plus there is one virtual user group – visitor (for not logged in users).
- Admin menu entry moved to top level.
- Added French translation.
- Added new insert location – shortcode.
- Fixed php evaluation error in Manual include mode.
- Plugin was successfully tested in WordPress 3.0
- Improved page detection on themes with modified loop.
- Fixed high memory usage on blogs with large number of posts/categories (more than 1000).
- Fixed broken links when WordPress installed in subdirectory.
- Now the plugin is WordPress MU compatible (requires WP MU 2.8.1 or higher).
- New. PHP code insertions now supported.
- New. Align option added.
- Fixed ‘Create New’ button malfunction in Opera and Firefox.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PROTECTEDin some environments.
- First public release.